Where's the crowd?

Barty

Comments on the game would be useful.

I thought the match was far from good particularly the 2nd half. It was a very poor York side and the neve really looked like scoring. As far as I am concerned the referee spoiled the match by constantly blowing the whistle and stopping play. I think this tended to affect both sides.

On the subject of the gate it should also be remebered that Barrow Bluebirds also had a match and there was only about 1100 at Holker Street.Considering the season the football has had could a bigger gate not be expected. We are probably the best supported team in the Championship apart from Toronto

The first half showed again we are a solid team but, disappointingly and not for the first time went in to cruise mode in the second half, we have to be far more ruthless.  I agree with Michael York were not that good and to be honest I thought they were lucky to score nil.

Does anyone know what happened to Danny Morrow who is our stand-out player  at the moment, he was taken to hospital with his arm in a sling.

Now, the crowds, I spoke to several people last night and not one was happy with Saturday nights, without exception they wanted to revert to Sunday afternoon, so unless the BOD has a plan or has based this years finances on smaller crowd ( I don't see that) we could be taking a backward step.

I dont get why saturday nights arent favourable, personally i think its great because i can finish my shift at 5 past 6 and get the the game before kickoff, whereas a sunday i would have to give it a miss or use holidays. Sure there will be plenty in the same boat? 

Thought we did well in poor conditions last night and great to see us keeping york to nil even though they did have their chances especially in the 2nd half. Shame about morrow believe hes done his shoulder in, luckily we have a decent sized squad with plenty of cover but the sooner hes back the better.

Tom Heighton

Good display especially in the 1st half with the wind. York were better in the 2nd period but thought our defence was brilliant and to nil them an excellent result 6 tries to nil isnt too shabby.

Hope Danny will be back soon. Thought Stack had a great game and Dawson showed hes back to his best.

The attendance was disappointing though we would have been a lot nearer the 1000 mark ?????????

Onward and upwards

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Yes the crowd was lower than I would like, the second half was scrappy, but the three cheques from the supporters to the club and charities was fantastic, barrows defence was awesome, the forwards led by Andrew dawson, made big yards in sticky conditions, barrow scored 6 tries half by our wingers, On balance a good start, keep it going.

Must have been watching a different game to me ! 

Brilliant defence 

brilliant attack in atrocious conditions ! 

4 tries disallowed ! 

Coulda got 60 points ! 

We nilled  a team that will probably beat most teams in this league .  Don't say we were poor .  We played some great rugby . Yes we made mistakes but come on ... 

The commardarie between the players was great to see ! Supporting each other and encouraging one another !  We've not seen this for a long time . 

As for Saturday night me and a "several people " loved it .  Few pints before and after game .  No hangover at work !  Spending Sunday with the  family !  Roast dinner !  What's not to like ? I appreciate not everyone will like sat night games but give them a chance !  

BE POSITIVE 

10 hours ago, lifer said:

Saturday night is great for me, won't suit everyone but the bar was rammed before and after the game.

The bar was certainly rammed after the game............................... But then again, after several Staropramen's I was seeing double at the time!! ? 

2 hours ago, Flying whinger said:

The bar was certainly rammed after the game............................... But then again, after several Staropramen's I was seeing double at the time!! ? 

That makes 2 of us mate or was it 4.

Archived