Won

excolt

The natives have always been a bit restless every time I have been there.

I could not make todays game but was continually looking at my phone for the score. we were winning loosing and drawing. Then when time would have been up they dropped a goal to lead 9 v 8. Well that's it I thought. even with that score they must have played well, Then ###### me we get a penalty and win by one point.

Brilliant lads you have done Hornets proud. How many years since we have won away at Featherstone and Bradford.

Bring on Owdham next week.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Superb win, making up for the 2 close encounter defeats and congrats to all for the effort today in what must have been testing conditions.  Defence excellent it seems, especially with another sin-binning to contend with, a lot of penalties and a try chalked off, again!  The team changes made by Killer seem to have paid off and show the importance of a strong, balanced squad to meet the relentless weekly games at this level.  Bring on those neighbours.

Rochdale would not have deserved to go away without any points from today's game.When we {FEV} were losing 8-2 at half time i thought Rochdale would tire in the last quarter,but credit to your players they kept on for the full 80min.Good team spirit in the side the players talking to each other all through the game,really bad conditions but same for both sides.

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We were on the wrong end of a 15-6 penalty count for the second week running and another sin binning. We need to sort out why this is happening. That's a massive handicap.

Our defence has improved 100 % this season but we're giving ourselves plenty of tackling practice.

this so much. Can't overstate how incredibly proud I am of the team after these 5 games, it's been an brilliant effort from what has been a very toughs set of fixtures - 3 wins from 5 is beyond what i thought was possible. However, we do need to help ourselves a a bit more by not giving away so many penalties and a sin binning per match, or giving the ref an excuse to give pens against us. Sort that out and we'll flying even more.

Onwards!

Fantastic result for you yesterday,especially considering the penalty count! If you beat us on Sunday,that will put you 6 points ahead of us with less than a quarter of the season gone.It really is a pleasure to see the Lancashire teams more than holding their own so far this season.I know there is a long way to go,but it looks like you are going to make fools of all the pundits,the majority of which had you firmly rooted at the bottom of the table.Well done again.By the way,how is Lewis going for you?

Just now, Half man half grapefruit said:

Fantastic result for you yesterday,especially considering the penalty count! If you beat us on Sunday,that will put you 6 points ahead of us with less than a quarter of the season gone.It really is a pleasure to see the Lancashire teams more than holding their own so far this season.I know there is a long way to go,but it looks like you are going to make fools of all the pundits,the majority of which had you firmly rooted at the bottom of the table.Well done again.By the way,how is Lewis going for you?

Cheers for that. I've missed some games so I can't really say about Palfrey. He's kicking the goals though. Swinton also look to be playing better than the league table would suggest also.

Looking forward to Sunday and I'm expecting a close encounter. Especially since your guys will have had yesterday afternoon with their feet up.

2 hours ago, Half man half grapefruit said:

Palf's going ok - had more of an influential game at Fev yesterday, which is what we've been hoping for. 

We even had a cheeky chorus of 'Oh, Lanky Lanky Lancashire' at Fev yesterday - as they never neglect to remind us which county they're from when they're winning. It was deeply satisfying...

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've just watched the video. The sin binning looks a harsh decision. It looks to me like Yates dropped on the Fev player to stop him passing the ball off the ground. I suppose the ref made up for it with the penalty at the end though.

There is a certain karma that a team that milked every opportunity to gain a penalty all afternoon got undone by a penalty at the death.  Lots of comment on the Fev forum about how they were the better side, how they bombed half a dozen tries, how they controlled the game, how they dominated possession - oh.. and how they LOST!

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

I listened to what was a real good commentary on Radio Yorkshire. Gary 'controversial' Schofield said we fully deserved the win, although it was very twitchy all the way through. I didn't hold out much hope prior to the game as I thought the Fax game could be a sickener for the lads and going to Fev has been graveyard for many years, but to be fair Killer freshened it up and the lads came home with the points, something that in my 30 odd years following the Nets doesn't happen very often.

For the first time in years we appear to have a team that can defend its own line which is as good to see as a length of the field try. Some really unbelievable results so far this season, Killer said in his post match interview that as the pitches dry out we will only get better, slight concern about us being heavily penalised again for the second week running but hopefully that will even itself out as the season goes on.

A really promising start to this season so far, its certainly not typical Hornets anymore as they appear to be up for every game. Brilliant!

Just like to say well played yesterday and that you probably deserved the win. Your defence held out under a lot of fev pressure and we could not find the answer. We got away with the points in a game against Oldham which was same as Sunday and maybe with better game management i.e. taking points on offer early in the game we may have crept home. Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season and look forward to coming over to yours for the return fixture. 

On 3/6/2017 at 2:58 PM, fervent traditionalist said:

Just like to say well played yesterday and that you probably deserved the win. Your defence held out under a lot of fev pressure and we could not find the answer. We got away with the points in a game against Oldham which was same as Sunday and maybe with better game management i.e. taking points on offer early in the game we may have crept home. Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season and look forward to coming over to yours for the return fixture. 

The kettle will be on. See you later in the year.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've just watched the video. The sin binning looks a harsh decision. It looks to me like Yates dropped on the Fev player to stop him passing the ball off the ground. I suppose the ref made up for it with the penalty at the end though.

It wasn't for that offence in itself, but because Hornets were on a team warning.

Special mention must go to Jack Holmes' suberb diving backwards interception off Walton's pass, although he only got his fingertips to the ball it was enough to prevent Ulugia or Turner, whoever the recipient was meant to be, from walking in for the match winning try. It was like a goalkeeper saving the penalty that seals the game.

2 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

It wasn't for that offence in itself, but because Hornets were on a team warning.

Special mention must go to Jack Holmes' suberb diving backwards interception off Walton's pass, although he only got his fingertips to the ball it was enough to prevent Ulugia or Turner, whoever the recipient was meant to be, from walking in for the match winning try. It was like a goalkeeper saving the penalty that seals the game.

The point I was making is I don't think it should have a penalty at all. The Fev player had both hands free and was looking around for a supporting team mate.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The point I was making is I don't think it should have a penalty at all. The Fev player had both hands free and was looking around for a supporting team mate.

Got to agree with you Tyrone. Neither the Featherstone player's arm nor the ball seemed to have touched the ground and he appeared to be looking to offload so was the tackle complete? Luckily it didn't affect the result.

Archived