Sign in to follow this  
excolt

Won

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The point I was making is I don't think it should have a penalty at all. The Fev player had both hands free and was looking around for a supporting team mate.

You can see for yourself here. Also see Holmes' fingertip interception off Walton's pass that kept Hornets in the game.

From the video looks like a good 'old fashioned' game with two strong tackling teams in very poor conditions.  Far prefer these games to 34-28.

On the video (I wasn't at the game) it looks like the sin binning incident is one of those decisions that could have gone either way (who would be a referee!) so we were perhaps unlucky with that.  In the same light, was the decision on the penalty at the end of the game similarly 50:50 particularly given the conditions - or am I missing something.  Glad it went 'our' way - thoughts from those at the game?

10 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

It wasn't for that offence in itself, but because Hornets were on a team warning.

Special mention must go to Jack Holmes' suberb diving backwards interception off Walton's pass, although he only got his fingertips to the ball it was enough to prevent Ulugia or Turner, whoever the recipient was meant to be, from walking in for the match winning try. It was like a goalkeeper saving the penalty that seals the game.

But there was no 'offence'.

3 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

From the video looks like a good 'old fashioned' game with two strong tackling teams in very poor conditions.  Far prefer these games to 34-28.

On the video (I wasn't at the game) it looks like the sin binning incident is one of those decisions that could have gone either way (who would be a referee!) so we were perhaps unlucky with that.  In the same light, was the decision on the penalty at the end of the game similarly 50:50 particularly given the conditions - or am I missing something.  Glad it went 'our' way - thoughts from those at the game?

I agree. Both incidents could have been " play on "with another ref in my opinion.