Yorkshire 40/20 cup

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Marauder said:

There you go Bowesy, Bentley 36 - 16 Toll Bar,  Bentley run from a great little Union club (Wheatley Hills) probably run as many junior sides as Toll Bar, have a  2nd team and their players are their own.

Been to both and really enjoyed each visit; the one to bentley (wheatley hills) particularly standing out.

If Moorends players are not playing for Toll Bar this summer then i feel the bragging rights will go to Bentley for the up and coming season.

8 hours ago, Luckyno7 said:

Been to both and really enjoyed each visit; the one to bentley (wheatley hills) particularly standing out.

If Moorends players are not playing for Toll Bar this summer then i feel the bragging rights will go to Bentley for the up and coming season.

I know a few said they're going to sit the summer out, but we know what it's like when you get a phone call and the boots start twitching, I'm sure some will go.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

15 hours ago, Marauder said:

I know a few said they're going to sit the summer out, but we know what it's like when you get a phone call and the boots start twitching, I'm sure some will go.

Don't we all!

The previous years have seen the top 3 go through with four wins and the 4th placed side winning 3 but having the better points difference.

9 sides with a win to their and 6 of the winning sides play against each other this week so we might have a clearer idea on whos looknig strong early season, result of the round to siddal at batley.

6 hours ago, Luckyno7 said:

Don't we all!

The previous years have seen the top 3 go through with four wins and the 4th placed side winning 3 but having the better points difference.

9 sides with a win to their and 6 of the winning sides play against each other this week so we might have a clearer idea on whos looknig strong early season, result of the round to siddal at batley.

Batley went down to 12 men after 5 minutes plus had 5-6 first teamers missing so.. we shall see if they'll be same come the league season 

In our Selby cup game we had one sent off and two in the sin bin at different times, we won comfortably but gave the team sheet to the referee instead of sending it to the competition organiser, would you believe it, Kingsley are actually trying to claim the game.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Obviously your not aware of sending offs/player absence when looking at results and have to take them for what they are.

I do expect batley to be competitive come the season though.

May make the trip over to Beverley for there game with north hull knights this weekend

4 hours ago, Luckyno7 said:

Obviously your not aware of sending offs/player absence when looking at results and have to take them for what they are.

I do expect batley to be competitive come the season though.

May make the trip over to Beverley for there game with north hull knights this weekend

I'm going to this, from what I'm hearing its going to be explosive can't wait 

17 hours ago, Hullfan said:

I'm going to this, from what I'm hearing its going to be explosive can't wait 

What is it your hearing?? ive been told beverley play a good brand of rugby but never actually seen them play.

Saw NH knights in there yorkshire cup final

Wont be travelling over to see a pitch brawl!

2 hours ago, Luckyno7 said:

What is it your hearing?? ive been told beverley play a good brand of rugby but never actually seen them play.

Saw NH knights in there yorkshire cup final

Wont be.  over to ee a pitch brawl!

Few of NHK players have gone to Beverley and out to get one another, Lee Radford playin aswel

2 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

God help any1 whos out to get radford?.

Saw his highlights from the doncaster toll bar game, looked useful to say at the least!!!!!

Ive texted a friend who's lad plays for them and hes not mentioned it though; they may be saving him!

12 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Excellent advert for rugby that NHK v Beverley. NHK winning 16-15 and deservedly so

Fantastic game albeit a bit scrappy at times but I think that was down to the intensity of the game. Speaking to people from both clubs after the game I think Beverley were a touch disappointed with there performance where as north hull pretty much played up to their level. North hull shaded it on the day and rightly so; very very suspect decision to award the penalty last kick of the game though; nobody at the ground other than the referee thought it was a penalty! On that performance both sides will be near the top end of the division 

51 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Tackle was complete then was pulled out was what I heard. As for North Hull there was missing 5 guarantee starters therfore I can see them being a lot better than there was yesterday. 

That's nonsense if that was the call I was stood behind the goal; heard no held call and it was on initial impact; shame a poor decision overshadows what was a great spectacle. All sides at this level are never going to be at full strength that's even more so with summer rugby. All the best for the season will look to get over again

4 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Only what I was told, also NHK kicked a conversion Beverley official give the 2 points however the referee overturned it. That was ridiculous decision

Yes I saw that and the conversation did go over; perhaps he was making up for his earlier error

Archived