Sign in to follow this  
Odsal Outlaw

Trouble Brewing at Hull with Football Club?

Just seen this on the BBC.

Of course the ground share should be stopped. It's ridiculous.

Hull City should pi** off and find their own ground, after all, they get millions from SKY for their kickabouts.

• Like 21

Saw a funny tweet from Gareth Walker saying how this could all be sorted in 5 minutes if the teams allowed da Silva and Lee Radford a quiet chat in a private room lol

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Saw a funny tweet from Gareth Walker saying how this could all be sorted in 5 minutes if the teams allowed da Silva and Lee Radford a quiet chat in a private room lol

5 minutes?, I can't believe it would take more than a few seconds for da Silva to dive on the floor before "contact" was made.

If he didn't like the set up then why did he agree to become their manager?

Will probably be less of a problem when they're relegated at the end of the season anyway.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

5 minutes?, I can't believe it would take more than a few seconds for da Silva to dive on the floor before "contact" was made.

If he didn't like the set up then why did he agree to become their manager?

Will probably be less of a problem when they're relegated at the end of the season anyway.

Agree, this sounds far more like deflection from a season of poor performances than anything serious. Though I did hear talk of bidders for city wanting to build FC a new stadium a while back.

• Like 1

Don't forget Sir Alexander  "whisky nose" Ferguson was handy at blaming one match a year for his team's problems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

Just install a 4g pitch..

Only once the football club have reached the conference league unfortunately

• Like 3

Will Ian Leneghan be campaigning on behalf of Silva, I know Leneghan is the Chairman of the EFL and Hull are in the Premier League, but shouldn't all these nice chappies stick together?

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Its a nonsense the football alqays has and always will do more damage

You know that and I know that. Mark Lawrenson on the other hand.....

This crops up once in a while with groundshares when the soccer team's doing badly. The former Fulham groundsman, Steve McGee (later to become one of our stalwarts), always reckoned that soccer caused more damage than RL - and he was the person who had to repair it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

You have to allow time for the national anthems.

• Like 3

The bbc article also mentions the situation in Swansea with the soccer team and rugby union team sharing the stadium. I watch both codes and Union in my opinion causes more damage than league due to the nature of the game.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

He can moan all he likes - the council and not Hull City own the ground!

Who is responsible for the pitch now?  When they first moved from the Boulevard it was Darryl.  I can't help thinking it must have been City's choice to water the pitch on Friday.  Caused problems.

We all know that..

I guess it really doesn't matter what sport is being played on the pitch,just the fact its being played on on thursday/friday night and then again saturday/sunday or monday at the tale end of winter..is the problem

8 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

We all know that..

I guess it really doesn't matter what sport is being played on the pitch,just the fact its being played on on thursday/friday night and then again saturday/sunday or monday at the tale end of winter..is the problem

roughyedspud said.

"We all know that"                         

We certainly do and that's why the sooner the soccer leave the stadium the better if they are not happy.