Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beckside raider

Coventry away

18 posts in this topic

50-14 FT 

Keighley got beaten 46-22 by Gloucester All Golds. That'a a very surprising result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent result, well done lads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great result away from home against what sounded like a very good Bears outfit

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking day.

Barrow turned on the style and were a different class. 

Despite the scoreline it wasnt a bad performance from the Bears. I know its very early and the season hasnt got started yet but I do feel that we (with my Barrow hat on) can get promoted. It will certainly take a good team to beat them.Judging by Havens result today Toronto may not be as dominant as Toulouse were last season

Everyone seemed to enjoy the banter in the clubhouse and the supporters bus left with everyone in good spirits. A few Barrow supporters have stopped over and Im just about to go off and enjoy a few pints whilst I wind down from a busy day.

COYR

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bearman said:

Cracking day.

Barrow turned on the style and were a different class. 

Despite the scoreline it wasnt a bad performance from the Bears. I know its very early and the season hasnt got started yet but I do feel that we (with my Barrow hat on) can get promoted. It will certainly take a good team to beat them.Judging by Havens result today Toronto may not be as dominant as Toulouse were last season

Everyone seemed to enjoy the banter in the clubhouse and the supporters bus left with everyone in good spirits. A few Barrow supporters have stopped over and Im just about to go off and enjoy a few pints whilst I wind down from a busy day.

 

I watched the Whitehaven V Toronto game in what was a quagmire of a pitch. Biased as it sounds but I am quietly confident that Barrow will give Toronto a serious run for their money. 

Whitehaven stuck in well for the first 30 mins and with some very dubious forward passing from Toronto, they capitalised before the break. It was a pretty neck and neck throughout the break but conditions slowed the game down.

Whitehaven did manage to get over the whitewash a couple of times in what was a war of nutrition.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done raiders, much better start than last season, hopefully crowds will be big over next few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result for Barrow today,Coventry are an improving club so to put 50 on is a top effort, I also watched the Whitehaven game and yes Haven put a big effort on a slop of a 'field' but they showed little attacking threat while Toronto especially in the first 30 looked like they could break them regularly, I know conditions are what they are but they have played them at the right time of the year, if that same game was played on a dry field it would have been a 40/50 pointer for Toronto, it's a shame we won't get to see Toronto at craven park as it would be game of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gaz Martin said:

I watched the Whitehaven V Toronto game in what was a quagmire of a pitch. Biased as it sounds but I am quietly confident that Barrow will give Toronto a serious run for their money. 

Whitehaven stuck in well for the first 30 mins and with some very dubious forward passing from Toronto, they capitalised before the break. It was a pretty neck and neck throughout the break but conditions slowed the game down.

Whitehaven did manage to get over the whitewash a couple of times in what was a war of nutrition.  

hopefully the pie and peas will help with the war of nutrition gaz

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All is not lost...The Wolfpack could still descend on Craven Park this season... The first phase of 15 games is followed by a further 7 games between the top 8.. No saying that Toronto will travel to Barrow but there is a chance 🐺

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by the Siddal game and todays game at 'Haven, Toronto are a bit of a "top of the ground" team. Unfortunately for Barrow as the summer comes on Toronto will have conditions to suit them. That said, Barrow too will also relish the faster track and have the armament to go toe to toe with them.

 

I think I've run out of cliches now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ron is there not a clichés shop in Coventry to get some more ;-) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scrumhalf said:

hopefully the pie and peas will help with the war of nutrition gaz

Ha ha ha..... I don't know why I wrote nutrition Ged. Maybe due to mud pies... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm glad I made the trip to watch the game.  I thought we were very clinical really. I would love to know what the penalty count actually  was.  As I lost count it must of been around 16 - 6 against us ??   Think we are really playing as a team as well.  Which is showing in the results.  May it continue.  A great kicking performance from charnock as well.  He really showed what a great kicker he is. I don't think the score flattered us. 

Cant wait till Saturday nights match 

Edited by Barrowno1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barrowno1 said:

I'm glad I made the trip to watch the game.  I thought we were very clinical really. I would love to know what the penalty count actually  was.  As I lost count it must of been around 16 - 6 against us ??   Think we are really playing as a team as well.  Which is showing in the results.  May it continue.  A great kicking performance from charnock as well.  He really showed what a great kicker he is. I don't think the score flattered us. 

Cant wait till Saturday nights match 

Thats about the first time I can remember the Bears getting the benefit of the referees decisions.

It was one of the cleanest games I have seen in a long time.

WHEN Barrow get promoted this season it will be on pure ability despite the skewed fixture list.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



League Express - Mon 10th April 2017

Rugby League World - April 2017