Coventry away

beckside raider

great result away from home against what sounded like a very good Bears outfit

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Cracking day.

Barrow turned on the style and were a different class. 

Despite the scoreline it wasnt a bad performance from the Bears. I know its very early and the season hasnt got started yet but I do feel that we (with my Barrow hat on) can get promoted. It will certainly take a good team to beat them.Judging by Havens result today Toronto may not be as dominant as Toulouse were last season

Everyone seemed to enjoy the banter in the clubhouse and the supporters bus left with everyone in good spirits. A few Barrow supporters have stopped over and Im just about to go off and enjoy a few pints whilst I wind down from a busy day.

COYR

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Just now, Bearman said:

Cracking day.

Barrow turned on the style and were a different class. 

Despite the scoreline it wasnt a bad performance from the Bears. I know its very early and the season hasnt got started yet but I do feel that we (with my Barrow hat on) can get promoted. It will certainly take a good team to beat them.Judging by Havens result today Toronto may not be as dominant as Toulouse were last season

Everyone seemed to enjoy the banter in the clubhouse and the supporters bus left with everyone in good spirits. A few Barrow supporters have stopped over and Im just about to go off and enjoy a few pints whilst I wind down from a busy day.

I watched the Whitehaven V Toronto game in what was a quagmire of a pitch. Biased as it sounds but I am quietly confident that Barrow will give Toronto a serious run for their money. 

Whitehaven stuck in well for the first 30 mins and with some very dubious forward passing from Toronto, they capitalised before the break. It was a pretty neck and neck throughout the break but conditions slowed the game down.

Whitehaven did manage to get over the whitewash a couple of times in what was a war of nutrition.  

BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

Great result for Barrow today,Coventry are an improving club so to put 50 on is a top effort, I also watched the Whitehaven game and yes Haven put a big effort on a slop of a 'field' but they showed little attacking threat while Toronto especially in the first 30 looked like they could break them regularly, I know conditions are what they are but they have played them at the right time of the year, if that same game was played on a dry field it would have been a 40/50 pointer for Toronto, it's a shame we won't get to see Toronto at craven park as it would be game of the season

3 hours ago, Gaz Martin said:

I watched the Whitehaven V Toronto game in what was a quagmire of a pitch. Biased as it sounds but I am quietly confident that Barrow will give Toronto a serious run for their money. 

Whitehaven stuck in well for the first 30 mins and with some very dubious forward passing from Toronto, they capitalised before the break. It was a pretty neck and neck throughout the break but conditions slowed the game down.

Whitehaven did manage to get over the whitewash a couple of times in what was a war of nutrition.  

hopefully the pie and peas will help with the war of nutrition gaz

Judging by the Siddal game and todays game at 'Haven, Toronto are a bit of a "top of the ground" team. Unfortunately for Barrow as the summer comes on Toronto will have conditions to suit them. That said, Barrow too will also relish the faster track and have the armament to go toe to toe with them.

I think I've run out of cliches now!

Ron Banks

Ron is there not a clichés shop in Coventry to get some more ;-) ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

I'm glad I made the trip to watch the game.  I thought we were very clinical really. I would love to know what the penalty count actually  was.  As I lost count it must of been around 16 - 6 against us ??   Think we are really playing as a team as well.  Which is showing in the results.  May it continue.  A great kicking performance from charnock as well.  He really showed what a great kicker he is. I don't think the score flattered us. 

Cant wait till Saturday nights match 

3 hours ago, Barrowno1 said:

I'm glad I made the trip to watch the game.  I thought we were very clinical really. I would love to know what the penalty count actually  was.  As I lost count it must of been around 16 - 6 against us ??   Think we are really playing as a team as well.  Which is showing in the results.  May it continue.  A great kicking performance from charnock as well.  He really showed what a great kicker he is. I don't think the score flattered us. 

Cant wait till Saturday nights match 

Thats about the first time I can remember the Bears getting the benefit of the referees decisions.

It was one of the cleanest games I have seen in a long time.

WHEN Barrow get promoted this season it will be on pure ability despite the skewed fixture list.

Ron Banks

Archived