BOTTLE BARS

barackoRAMa

Wilsden Ram might be able to enlighten us on this one. Why on earth cant the one near the new turnstiles be made accessible from the east terracing.People  (inc myself) were walking away from both the South Stand bar and its bottle bar due to the massive queues while the above mentioned remained virtually unused.Wasted opportunity to make loads more money.

1 hour ago, barackoRAMa said:

Wilsden Ram might be able to enlighten us on this one. Why on earth cant the one near the new turnstiles be made accessible from the east terracing.People  (inc myself) were walking away from both the South Stand bar and its bottle bar due to the massive queues while the above mentioned remained virtually unused.Wasted opportunity to make loads more money.

Had a few words with a steward over this,he said we'd have to pay £2 to transfer to the north stand,as i told the jobsworth all i wanted to use the bottle bar,he even threatened to have me thrown out. As we stood on the south stand during the game we saw people giving him money,but why worry as I'm sure he'd have handed the money over to the club after the game ??

2 hours ago, barackoRAMa said:

Yep those at the club were complete idiots for not realising that the Royal Oak had run out of beer and were turning HKR fans away, hence the long queues.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Had a few words with a steward over this,he said we'd have to pay £2 to transfer to the north stand,as i told the jobsworth all i wanted to use the bottle bar,he even threatened to have me thrown out. As we stood on the south stand during the game we saw people giving him money,but why worry as I'm sure he'd have handed the money over to the club after the game ??

I had a similar run in with same steward towards the end of last season when I tried to gain access to bottle bar to have a drink with a mate who has a season ticket in North Stand. Even though I wasn't rude or threatening he called for back up from some similarly weedy looking illuminous tools. Had I not relocated to the South Stand I have no doubt I would have been removed from the ground. The type of stewarding is disproportionate to the usual risk posed by typical crowds and appears heavy handed to say the least. I know there has been a few isolated incidents last season, one of which was not even during the game, but even so these wannabee warriors need to respect the paying customers and not treat them like criminals.

Don't see why we use outside contractors 

Batley don't and must be far more cost effective 

Can't see us stumping up for them in championship 1 

Might be cheaper to have individual babysitters for the crowd ;)

And not even go down the route of only opening one stand.

Me & t'missus were sat on the picnic benches by the North Stand bottle bar when a lot of HKR fans were coming from the South Stand to get a drink cos of the queue there (this was about half 2).  The steward was syaing that it was £2 to get through and that was the rule as instructed by "the management" so you cant fault him IMO.  Anyway we started taking their money and buying the beers for them so they didnt walk away and the club lost sales.  There were 2 staff on the bar so I asked one of them to take the orders and the brass and the other could pass over the bottles, simple, sales maximised and no bother with the stewards (who were only following orders.)

Good old days we'd staff who could think on their feet and make a decision 

Bottle bank should have been able to have been accessed from the south stand, as the point of access should have been at the bottom corner of the north stand,positioning a steward there with simple pass out tickets for the north stand users to gain access to the bottle bank thru the check.& access point

Archived