TotalRL NRL Tipping Competiton 2017 ROUND 4 - Results posted; Awards Presented

NRL Round 4  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How many teams will score just 9 points or fewer this round?

• 0 teams - all will get into double figure
    • 1 team will score just 9 points or less
    • 2 teams
    • 3 teams
    • 4 teams to score only 9 points or even less
    • 5 teams
    • 6 or more teams will score 9 points or less in the round

2017%20Tipping%20Comp%20R04_zps2bnzpmts.

WELCOME
Round 3 was another round bursting with surprises for us tipsters.

You could always toss a coin, that was a suggestion of Kiwityke in times gone by when we entered this sort of territory.

Come on then, let's push onwards and upwards.

Everyone reading this is welcome to enter this weekly competition which runs throughout the season.
Whether you've taken part before or you fancy having a go this season for the first time you're guaranteed a warm welcome.
Entries are allowed each week up until the kick off of the first game in the round
NB This round's first game is  on THURSDAY

ROUND 4 QUESTIONS:

*Poll Competition: 
How many teams altogether will score only 9 points or fewer in NRL Round 4?
that's the number of teams whose scores are restricted to single figures at full time.
- enter in the poll itself at the top and put your answer in your posting. 
The poll is anonymous so we can't give you credit unless it is in your predictions post.

Now the main event of the week:

*Match tipping Competition:
Name the 8 (that's EIGHT) winning teams in NRL Round 4

... and ...
*Points Competition
How many points will be scored by all the teams added together in R4?
This is a competition in itself and will act as a tie breaker for the match tipping comp if necessary. This is used as the decider when necessary so do give it a go.
*AWAY Win Competition: 
How many AWAY wins will there be in NRL R4?

In rounds where the game is on the road and played at a neutral venue, the team named first in the fixture will be regarded as the home team for the purposes of this competition.

Fixtures:
58ce8d7bae2b5_fixr4.jpg.b245e5c230563c54649bbde6b9941954.jpg

An animated award will be created to celebrate our achievemnts in the round 
Match tipping scores will be added together as the season progresses to produce a Tipsters' Ladder which is pinned to the top of the forum topic list page

The best of luck to everyone. 
Enjoy your Rugby League!   B)

Week 4: Here we go again/. Good luck to one and all.

Poll:One

Winners: Roosters, Panthers, Broncos, Sea Eagles, ♪ Up up Cronulla ♫,  Titans, Tigers, Warriors

Away Wins 3

Points 342

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

At the moment the way things are the games are recorded and watched late at night. Last Friday was a holiday over here so was able to watch them two games live. 

Gone for a few outsiders this week. Titans have   much better team spirit without Hayne, no matter what Johns, Tallis and Hindmarsh say and I just love the Leichhardt Oval (on my bucket list). Finally, the Warriors well they are the Warriors although some would say they are just ######.;)

Sadly week 3 of not the NRL news not on Youtube yet. Indeed they seem to be posted by a New Zealander as the TV logo is SkySports 2 or 4 and not Fox

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

9 minutes ago, Graham said:

Yes the timings of the live coverage here is not as good this season as in the last few seasons.

I've missed a few as I just can't be getting up at 5 in the morning!

I think things will improve next week with BST being introduced. Miss the Monday game brightened up work

I don't miss the Monday game from a practical point of view. I can get all the round's comps and ladders completed and rounded up normally during Sunday, leaving my Mondays clear, apart from the final Supercoaches standings. I can see it from your point of view though.

Here's to the clocks changing!

poll  -1

hopefulls

Rabbits

Panthers

Broncos

Dogs

Eels

Cowboys

Storm

Dragons

Aways  - 3

points - 321

You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if its late.

Poll - 2 teams

Winners -

Roosters 

Panthers

Raiders 

Sea Eagles

Eels

Cowboys 

Tigers

Warriors 

Points - 312

Aways - 4

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Poll Question

2 teams.

Winners

Sydney Roosters

Penrith Panthers

Canberra Raiders

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Parramatta Eels

North Queensland Cowboys

Melbourne Storm

St George-Illawarra Dragons

Total Round 4 Points

Away Wins

1E0C84F5-C519-477B-AB96-36B3C1238463.png

OK, this time it's real... I'm going for the perfect round of tipping. Todd Greenberg filled me in, Tony Archer gave me additionnal tips on referees behavior and bunker adjudication process. The NRL is rigged, we all know it. Time to prove it.

Poll

3 teams

Winners

Roosters, Panthers, Raiders, Sea Eagles, Eels (reverse jinx - I'll claim moral victory no matter what), Cowboys, Storm, Dragons

Away wins

A grand total of 4

Go Sharks!

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Unlike Vichy I claim no special inside information, quite the reverse. Likewise I have refused Barney's offer to lend me his lucky rusty pin to pick with. I tossed a coin to see if I should toss a coin, and lost.

So, it all comes down to what I think might happen, possibly ...

... then as I was about to post Farmduck jumped in before me as I was typing and a message came up to see his post... and worryingly I was typing a list of teams that it turns out matches his ... oh dear ... I think my fate is sealed...

Winners:

Roosters

Panthers

Broncos

Sea Eagles

Eels 

Cowboys

Storm

Dragons

Poll 1 team

Away Wins: 3

Here's to a great competition this week.

Problem is Graham, last week (was it last week? I'd rather forget it) Tim Simona's tips weren't worth anything. :D

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

There's an hour before kick off in the first game of the round.

Is there anyone out there who hasn't had a go previously this season who is willing to give it a shot?

We'd all be happy to have you join in our competition, whether it's just a one off, occasional entry or every week in the season.

Yep, the more the merrier.

In the meantime, may I use an alias?... I'm having second thoughts. :P

* Subject to change

4 minutes ago, Graham said:

No Vichy, I think you already are! :no:

I resent the accusation :D

* Subject to change

Round 4 results:

Winners: Roosters, Panthers, Broncos,Sea Eagles, Sharks, Cowboys, Storm and Dragons

Away Wins: 4 (Roosters, Sharks, Cowboys and Storm) - Award winners :Southstander13, Railway End, StormGirl and Vichyssoise

Points Total: 285 Award winner: JimBronco (+25)

Poll: Teams scoring only 9 points or fewer:  4 (Rabbitohs,Knights, Bulldogs and Eels) - No award winners, none of us predicted 4

Tips:

Irish Saint 5

Southstander13 8

Barney 5

R L Winger 7

JimBronco 5

Rugby Female 7

Railway End 4

StormGirl 6

Vichyssoise 6

Farmduck 7

Graham 7

Stoney100 5

One clear winner this week in SOUTHSTANDER13 with a magnificent 8/8 - 100% correct!

Congratulations SS13

It was generally a better week for us tipsters.

Archived