Sign in to follow this  
owd codger

BBC get it wrong again

40 minutes ago, owd codger said:

On BBC breakfast sport this morning super league must be expanding, new team in league CASTLEFIELD .

tutu tut

Will they have a fleur-de-lys on the badge and a tiger mascot?

2 hours ago, johnh1 said:

And on their results page yesterday, Salford were playing Catalans and Castleford at home at the same time.

I thought the score for the Catalans version of Salford's opponents showed P-P, which I guess means postponed?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

I thought the score for the Catalans version of Salford's opponents showed P-P, which I guess means postponed?

Yes, but it showed us playing both games at the same time. Maybe we should have claimed 4 points. And how can it be postponed when it was never scheduled to take place at all?

23 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

Ah, Cas have moved to Manchester, renamed Manchester Romans

There's already some Centurions in Gt Manchester.

Anyone notice on ceefax last week when Shaun Edwards was accused of making a "gesture" at one of  the Union games he was described as , "Shaun Edwards Welsh defensive coach , and former rugby league player " Nice touch that bbc ,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Anyone notice on ceefax last week when Shaun Edwards was accused of making a "gesture" at one of  the Union games he was described as , "Shaun Edwards Welsh defensive coach , and former rugby league player " Nice touch that bbc ,

remind me when burgess switched to ru and plaid vs france... the french speakers were like "burgess, he comes from RL, watch out for high tacles.... " and so on...

14 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Yes, but it showed us playing both games at the same time. Maybe we should have claimed 4 points. And how can it be postponed when it was never scheduled to take place at all?

I like the idea of claiming 4 points. :D

Do you think Marwan should go for it? Go Dr Devil! :devil:

Should we Chastise the BBC for a typo, on another thread they are getting huge Pats on the back for their streaming of the Challenge Cup.

If some want to berate them for misinformation, what about this one:-

"Tom Lineham has been handed a Grade C striking charge following an incident in Warrington’s defeat to Leigh Centurions.

The fullback was sin-binned for an alleged elbow on Ryan Hampshire in the club’s 22-8 defeat, their fifth in a row."

Author, Total RL's very own editor Matthew Shaw in this week's Homepage, sub section Disciplinary.

Do we take it as a typo or sing out loud "Ya don't know what yer doin" I think the former.

• Like 1

BBC get it wrong again,                 ........WRONG!

There is an assumption at work here, an expectation that the beeb cared in any way if they got it wrong.

On the challenge cup round thread there was a justifiable moan that the draw was hijacked by kick and clap talk same assumption there?

As far as Aunty goes they got it exactly right again on both occasions.

Edited by Oxford

Another nice touch on the bbc ceefax . At the weekend there was a story about the rise in drug taking in amateur sport , this was placed on the general sports headlines . Lo and behold a few days later it appears only on the rugby league pages , no mention of it on the cycling , athletics , football or union pages , unbeknown to us rugby league must be the only amateur sport where this sort of thing occurs .Once again thankyou very much !

• Like 1

I'll never forget about 20 years ago the Times printing a picture of Paul Atcheson playing for GB but naming him Simon Haughton!

I have literally never got over it, nor bought any printed word materials since that day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

I'll never forget about 20 years ago the Times printing a picture of Paul Atcheson playing for GB but naming him Simon Haughton!

I have literally never got over it, nor bought any printed word materials since that day.

You never got over it, jeez no wonder Simon Houghton retired early.

13 hours ago, latchford albion said:

There's still Ceefax?  Who knew?

The Beeb is essentially a "rave from the grave" so it fits right in .........

16 hours ago, Tonka said:

Ive never got over that Paul Atcheson played for GB!

Well there is that.  I nearly wrote to the Times to say "Improbable as it seems, that's actually Paul Atcheson - but I can understand why you might have assumed it wasn't".

On 22/03/2017 at 1:10 PM, ivans82 said:

Another nice touch on the bbc ceefax . At the weekend there was a story about the rise in drug taking in amateur sport , this was placed on the general sports headlines . Lo and behold a few days later it appears only on the rugby league pages , no mention of it on the cycling , athletics , football or union pages , unbeknown to us rugby league must be the only amateur sport where this sort of thing occurs .Once again thankyou very much !

Accident, coincedence or cock-up? Whatever you do don't suggest it's deliberate or you'll provoke chippy and conspiracy nut attacks upon your person and maybe a few insults to boot!;)