Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oxford

Coach Jason Taylor.

8 posts in this topic

This is interesting, three matches and gone ......

More to it than meets the eye?

Is it a record?

Are there numerous coaches shown the door after so few especially when you don't even have P - R to put the wind up whoever owns thw club?

To be fair they have been woeful in the last two. He was probably already on notice after last season's patchy end of season form when they again shipped plenty of points.

It's more than 3 matches as the issue is the continuation of last year's finish, I believe

1 person likes this

Gus Gould alluded to something going on at the club in commentary I think - wasn't really paying attention to his ramblings - and said he was going to talk about it in his podcast.  

This has been brewing for ages.

He got punched in the face last year by a player........

7 hours ago, Pulga said:

This has been brewing for ages.

He got punched in the face last year by a player........

Again? I remember the incident @ South with Fa'alogo some years ago, but I missed this one.

Harsh sacking IMO. Off the field Wests have been a basket case at times, and coupled with trouble makers like Farrah I think Taylor has done a remarkable job keep that team together.

Last year in particular they could so easily have just completely capitulated and been sitting bottom of the table with the Knights. But even though their results were up & down they competed hard and played some good rugby.

Its been widely reported that Taylor clashed with several big name players, refusing to let them take control of the dressing room. The jury is still out on whether his hard line was the right way to go about it, but he stood by his convictions.

1 person likes this