Fev away in the Cup

Stevos Barber

Why's that Connor? Not exactly many money making ties available this round and tbh I ain't bothered about the cup. Its a distraction from the league which is far more important. Last seasons cup run did us far more harm than good in the long run.

44 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Why's that Connor? Not exactly many money making ties available this round and tbh I ain't bothered about the cup. Its a distraction from the league which is far more important. Last seasons cup run did us far more harm than good in the long run.

Not a great money deal and we will probably lose and its away. Would have preferred a few other draws ahead of fev away

A draw against leeds away probably would've generated a bit more revenue. But we have every chance of beating fev,a couple of their posters on here were delighted to hear the final hooter. Conor mcb, try and keep your glass half full mate.If you saw us at fev you should have at least a bit of confidence that the boys can get the win.Come on Oldham.

Only plus is that there will be possibly 6 or 7 times as many people there as would have been the case in Stalyvegas, therefore more gate receipts for Oldham . .  and as already said it is winable. as long as the team playes fior the full 80 mins unlike against Haydock whrn it was only the last 70 mins 

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

8 hours ago, Roughyedz said:

Only plus is that there will be possibly 6 or 7 times as many people there as would have been the case in Stalyvegas, therefore more gate receipts for Oldham . .  and as already said it is winable. as long as the team playes fior the full 80 mins unlike against Haydock whrn it was only the last 70 mins 

You're so upbeat! Anyone would think we'd lost! 

"Possibly 6 or 7 times the people that would be at Stalyvegas" haha you got to be kidding or are way out of touch with attendances!! If your logic is correct Roughyedz that means between 4500 and 5250 folk will be at Fev ( 3 league home games have had attendances of 1783 v us,1787v Hornets and 1017 v Sheffield) based on a crowd at Stalybridge of approx 750 which I would expect at home v Fev in the cup.

Won't be more than 1500 at Fev for this cup game.More gate receipts for us yes,but nowhere near what you suggest.

Be interesting how we go at after running them close earlier in the season. We will give 100% as always, financially I hope we can do it and get a big earner next round. That's the only benefit of most clubs being in the cup these days with the system obviously leaning to the SL boys plus the odd magic away day like we had last season thrown in if your lucky.

Anyway we will go there loud and proud as always.

Up the Yeds!

The days of 5 to 8000 people turning up to watch pro rugby have gone. In 1997 we played Bradford at boundary park and over 11000 turned up. We play Bradford again shortly I wonder how many will be at the fold, 10% if we are lucky 

Yes mate,them days are gone.But the fans that we still have now will be there to cheer the boys to what we hope to be a victory. Falling attendances are probably a problem throughout the game not just Oldham but thats for another thread.

13 hours ago, clifford said:

The days of 5 to 8000 people turning up to watch pro rugby have gone. In 1997 we played Bradford at boundary park and over 11000 turned up. We play Bradford again shortly I wonder how many will be at the fold, 10% if we are lucky 

true i remember as a kid when there was over 70 coaches of Oldham fans parked outside Odsal Stadium and 18,000 turned up for a drawn cup tie and then another 18,000 packed Sheddings for the replay

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

It was season 1967/68. We drew 7-7 at Odsal and then beat them 12-2 at Sheddings I was at both. We then got Leeds at home in the next round and got beat 13-0.Always remember it Fred Lindop refereed and he robbed us blind. I also had my youngest brother Fred with me, he'ed be about 10, and he turned to me at the final whistle and said "aren't we going to Wembley?" It broke my heart.

21 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

"Possibly 6 or 7 times the people that would be at Stalyvegas" haha you got to be kidding or are way out of touch with attendances!! If your logic is correct Roughyedz that means between 4500 and 5250 folk will be at Fev ( 3 league home games have had attendances of 1783 v us,1787v Hornets and 1017 v Sheffield) based on a crowd at Stalybridge of approx 750 which I would expect at home v Fev in the cup.

Won't be more than 1500 at Fev for this cup game.More gate receipts for us yes,but nowhere near what you suggest.

Be interesting how we go at after running them close earlier in the season. We will give 100% as always, financially I hope we can do it and get a big earner next round. That's the only benefit of most clubs being in the cup these days with the system obviously leaning to the SL boys plus the odd magic away day like we had last season thrown in if your lucky.

Anyway we will go there loud and proud as always.

Up the Yeds!

Fev have only played at home twice. The 1017 was at Wakefield which was a home game for Sheffield.

2 hours ago, Phil Loxton said:

Fev have only played at home twice. The 1017 was at Wakefield which was a home game for Sheffield.

Cheers for putting that right Phil, I got those figures off Fevs official website lol,they have the Sheffield game as a home game for Fev for some reason.

I see both clubs hoping for 2000 at the game,can't see there being that many tbh with full price admission and a all pay game (granted you can buy early bird tickets which save brass considerably). 

Hope its as good a match as the last one albeit with better conditions and of course a different result.?

See you in a few weeks

23 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Cheers for putting that right Phil, I got those figures off Fevs official website lol,they have the Sheffield game as a home game for Fev for some reason.

I see both clubs hoping for 2000 at the game,can't see there being that many tbh with full price admission and a all pay game (granted you can buy early bird tickets which save brass considerably). 

Hope its as good a match as the last one albeit with better conditions and of course a different result.?

See you in a few weeks

There was nearly 1800 for your league visit on a dreadful day so 2000 is not out of the question but it's a shared gate if you get what I mean????

On 23/03/2017 at 1:10 PM, jroyales said:

It was season 1967/68. We drew 7-7 at Odsal and then beat them 12-2 at Sheddings I was at both. We then got Leeds at home in the next round and got beat 13-0.Always remember it Fred Lindop refereed and he robbed us blind. I also had my youngest brother Fred with me, he'ed be about 10, and he turned to me at the final whistle and said "aren't we going to Wembley?" It broke my heart.

I was at all three games also. The Bradford game at Odsal was one of my first away games. Remember Bobby Irving dropping George Ambrum on his head and did not even get a warning.

iI was squashed in the top of the penny rush for reply, great times.

Archived