Scott Rooke 
Stevie Scholey 
Perry Singleton 
Alex Szostak

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DavidM said:

First thing I said leaving the house... no excuse for silly errors in these conditions .

Take your pick, some good work building up spoiled.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Hmmm, well we won but we don't half make hard work of it at times. Clearly the better team but we kept letting them back in it with silly penalties and some really sloppy individual errors. Some of the youngsters are going to have to learn quickly that you can't keep doing that. Might get away with them against the expansion clubs but against the seasoned northern clubs it'll get punished. But a win is a win and it's another 2 points in the bag. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

9 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Hmmm, well we won but we don't half make hard work of it at times. Clearly the better team but we kept letting them back in it with silly penalties and some really sloppy individual errors. Some of the youngsters are going to have to learn quickly that you can't keep doing that. Might get away with them against the expansion clubs but against the seasoned northern clubs it'll get punished. But a win is a win and it's another 2 points in the bag. 

Spot on mate . Two chalks on the board but boy do we have so much room for improvement and things to iron out . That was pretty average fayre for large parts and we stretched out as they tired off a three man bench . The two young kids on the flanks got a hard lesson in defence , and yet again far to many unforced errors in the first hour . Much work still to do, although each time I see singleton and fitzsimmons I think they're gonna be belting players , and the Davies Hambley side is a real go to axis . Hope the lad with the broken leg gets well soon to . And that's the third time I've seen that ref and he's just as clueless 

29 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Spot on mate . Two chalks on the board but boy do we have so much room for improvement and things to iron out . That was pretty average fayre for large parts and we stretched out as they tired off a three man bench . The two young kids on the flanks got a hard lesson in defence , and yet again far to many unforced errors in the first hour . Much work still to do, although each time I see singleton and fitzsimmons I think they're gonna be belting players , and the Davies Hambley side is a real go to axis . Hope the lad with the broken leg gets well soon to . And that's the third time I've seen that ref and he's just as clueless 

Maybe they did get a lesson   but for 1try Jason Mossop  must have been 5 yards out of position, left young Rooke covering 3 players

41 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Maybe they did get a lesson   but for 1try Jason Mossop  must have been 5 yards out of position, left young Rooke covering 3 players

I thought rooke was outstanding today,everytime he got the ball he looked dangerous and convinced me even more that he would make a great fullback. Cut out the stupid pens and keep hold of the ball would make life a whole lot easier for ourselves,but saying that some of the calls from the ref were total baffling!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 wingers on one edge ? I'd say play hambley and when fit jp and the other edge , the new lads to be patient and fight for a place , better and fitter oppostion would have walked it today and would not have ran out of gas which is what really happened in the last 20 mins , Ed is safe at fullback and when you are short of numbers and low in experience as todays soft try's highlighted , safe is the best option .

Not sure why Davies was on the bench . The guy's a rock and we looked so much more better , especially on his edge with Hambley , when he was on . We're still tinkering around with our backline I think 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Not sure why Davies was on the bench . The guy's a rock and we looked so much more better , especially on his edge with Hambley , when he was on .  

Davies was good today and a real prospect , had him down for MOM if not tom , should be an 80 mins starter with joe on his edge , mossop and jp for strength and defence on the other . doran was a miss and callum needs more mins on the field , 2pts is what matters in the end and lets see a better balance and a cup win next week and make the semi's .

4 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Thought Forber should have got MoM today, all the good things we did in attack revolved around him. Still not convinced that Howarth is a 7.

Thought he was poor in the main when he really should be controlling these games for us with his pedigree . Whether he's a 13 or a dummy half I don't know , but there was some poor stuff at seven today for a guy of his ability 

Agree Rooke to FB if you want some threat from that position though Chamberlain sound. We didn't get the run of the ball so much first half but once we started to gain confidence second half showed just how good we can be. Curwen deserved Mom really aggressive powerful performance though Forber had a good game. So many (well the more vocal) supporters seem more concerned about screaming insults at the ref rather than supporting their team, really irritating, he was just your average ref , he did his best. Overall though an improvement for sure on the in-disciplined performance against Newcastle. Well pleased.

A very frustrating error ridden first half but a much improved second half, it took us 60 minutes to realize we needed to ship the ball wide but when the penny dropped we were very good in our execution. Buffer and Curwen were top class today, UTT

48 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Thought Forber should have got MoM today, all the good things we did in attack revolved around him. Still not convinced that Howarth is a 7.

Same old story. Carl was the catalyst for everything good we did today and his kicking was back to his metronomic best yet he still can't get the nod. Take him out of the side today and we'd have been like headless chickens. 

It was really frustrating for an hour today as everytime we got in front and just needed to put a bit of pressure on them we made an error and let them off. I don't think we forced a repeat set all game.

But as soon as we did start putting them under sustained pressure they folded. I think if the lads can play patiently next week it can be even more convincing.

We have to just accept the refs in this division are rhubarb. He made quite a few howlers today and the tj's were no better.

If he had been on a bit longer I think Perry would have been mom, but it's good there were a few candidates to choose from. Does anyone know if Brett is carrying an injury? Seemed a bit off the pace today to me compared to his usual standards. Jason had an off day too, what was he trying to do when they scored off the cross field kick?

I think Howarth is fantastic at organising the plays, not everything came off for him today but he certainly makes a difference. 

If we can keep the confidence up from the last 20 and really get into them from the off next week it should be a good boost for the Barra match.

UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

11 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

It was really frustrating for an hour today as everytime we got in front and just needed to put a bit of pressure on them we made an error and let them off. I don't think we forced a repeat set all game.

But as soon as we did start putting them under sustained pressure they folded. I think if the lads can play patiently next week it can be even more convincing.

We have to just accept the refs in this division are rhubarb. He made quite a few howlers today and the tj's were no better.

If he had been on a bit longer I think Perry would have been mom, but it's good there were a few candidates to choose from. Does anyone know if Brett is carrying an injury? Seemed a bit off the pace today to me compared to his usual standards. Jason had an off day too, what was he trying to do when they scored off the cross field kick?

I think Howarth is fantastic at organising the plays, not everything came off for him today but he certainly makes a difference. 

If we can keep the confidence up from the last 20 and really get into them from the off next week it should be a good boost for the Barra match.

UTT.

Barrow match gonna be tough.  I see Brett carter is out for another long spell. 

20 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Thought it's a la'al bit harsh to say that the All Golds folded. My impression was that they were keeping pace with us - hence 12 all at half time. When we managed to get 8 points clear they seemed to start chasing the game; forcing the pass and all that which produced errors that Town capitalised on. In the last 5 their heads might of dropped or they just ran out of gas. 

On the ref. Whilst he wasn't brilliant and there were one or two - eh? - moments I don't think he was as bad as some have made out. When I was at Haven v Toronto the Haven fans were going mad at the referee but as a neutral at the game, most of the times I wondered what they were twining about. 

Archived