Recommended Posts

Are my eyes deceiving me / wrong result printed......have the all conquering all singing Hunslet club been beaten in what was going to be a stroll for them this season ,according to previous posts ,  going to be tougher than you thought lads !!!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sidsmudge said:

Are my eyes deceiving me / wrong result printed......have the all conquering all singing Hunslet club been beaten in what was going to be a stroll for them this season ,according to previous posts ,  going to be tougher than you thought lads !!!! 

The've got the league table wrong,surely they aren't the 2nd best club in Hunslet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2017 at 9:04 PM, sidsmudge said:

Are my eyes deceiving me / wrong result printed......have the all conquering all singing Hunslet club been beaten in what was going to be a stroll for them this season ,according to previous posts ,  going to be tougher than you thought lads !!!! 

No, it's a fair one. Normanton came up and did a good job of nullifying our attack, which as the score suggests was vital as there wasn't much in it overall. 

I don't think you'll find anyone who's said this season was going to be 'a stroll' - was obviously going to be tougher then last year (and Blackbrook beat us then) so in truth happy to get this out of the way now as it will give any player who did think it'd be easy a rightful kick up the proverbial.

Still maintain we'll win the league and get promoted - we weren't at our best by any stretch and only just got edged by a very solid Normanton side, so this will be treated as it should be, a blip, but nothing more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I ageee you can't win them all unless your playing in a league like we are but we can only play what is in front of us unfortunately norminton are a good we'll drilled side that if your not on top of your game you will get punished by them they gave us a good game at ours early in the challange cup but we came out on top you won't be far away with the squad you have assembled there at the old boys but division 1 is the hardest division to get out of you need a good team sprit and a good bunch of lads prepared to travel home and away good luck for the season and you never know our paths might cross in the next round of the barla cup which will be interesting 

Edited by Fryston warrior
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, Fryston warrior said:

Yes I ageee you can't win them all unless your playing in a league like we are but we can only play what is in front of us unfortunately norminton are a good we'll drilled side that if your not on top of your game you will get punished by them they gave us a good game at ours early in the challange cup but we came out on top you won't be far away with the squad you have assembled there at the old boys but division 1 is the hardest division to get out of you need a good team sprit and a good bunch of lads prepared to travel home and away good luck for the season and you never know our paths might cross in the next round of the barla cup which will be interesting 

How many players from Fryston play all year round these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to the BARLA National Cup Final against Fryston. 2 sides with very strong packs and good in defence - it'll be an arm wrestle in every sense. We've just to put the noisy neighbours back in their box this weekend first ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

noisy neighbours lol seems to be you that doing all the mouthing hunslet green and gold some better saying nowt in case it back and bites you in the backside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hunslets finest said:

Brassey how's the side looking for Saturday!? 

And are the rumours true it's on the old/new pitch!?

Brassey's a Drig fan , not a Warrior.....Crowd wise i'd say up near the 800 mark

.....

 

Edited by Blackbeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, brassey said:

noisy neighbours lol seems to be you that doing all the mouthing hunslet green and gold some better saying nowt in case it back and bites you in the backside

Some people confuse confidence with ability - we have both, so we're quite happy to vocalise it. It's not meant to be disrespectful to anyone, although some take it that way, and we do obviously get beat sometimes and we accept the stick we get when we do - all part of the fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's all i meant hg&g cause it comes across that way dont worry hunslet finest we will concentrate on div 2 we will be up there in few years bud

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parksides pack totally dominated this game from start to finish. They were just too big and powerful for the Warriors and repeatedly broke the defensive line time after time.They looked a stone a man bigger and with Biscombe and Pettman to come back they need to dominate the smaller Fryston pack if they are going to win the Final on May 28th.Best of luck at Featherstone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we might have a few tricks up our sleeve ourself for the final been to see old boys twice now in 2 weeks some good points some bad plenty for me to chew on  may the best team win come the 28th 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2017 at 3:29 PM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Really looking forward to the BARLA National Cup Final against Fryston. 2 sides with very strong packs and good in defence - it'll be an arm wrestle in every sense. We've just to put the noisy neighbours back in their box this weekend first ;)

Like I said......back in their box. 

The reality is we're going through a purple patch over the last few seasons as all sides do (Kells and Pilks spring to mind in recent years) . Warriors a very much in a rebuilding phase, but they'd be more than happy to claim the bragging if it was the other way round so we'll do exactly that. 

Big game this weekend then we can start to look forward to our day out with Fryston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Like I said......back in their box. 

The reality is we're going through a purple patch over the last few seasons as all sides do (Kells and Pilks spring to mind in recent years) . Warriors a very much in a rebuilding phase, but they'd be more than happy to claim the bragging if it was the other way round so we'll do exactly that. 

Big game this weekend then we can start to look forward to our day out with Fryston.

Looks like a great win over your neighbours at the weekend. I look forward to coming over to your spot this weekend, should be a really tough game between the 2 early season pacesetters. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Some people confuse confidence with ability - we have both, so we're quite happy to vocalise it. It's not meant to be disrespectful to anyone, although some take it that way, and we do obviously get beat sometimes and we accept the stick we get when we do - all part of the fun.

What position do you play ? I was talking to one of Hunslet's finest the other day (Mark Cunningham)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I used to play in the forwards Marauder. Yeah Cunny was a decent player in a good warriors side about 7/8 years ago.

He's to busy making his millions now, LOL :aggressive:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



100 Days That Shook Rugby League

League Express - Every Monday

Rugby League World - Oct 2017