All Golds this season

Thumped Hemel, Crusaders and Keighley in recent weeks and won at Workington yesterday to set up another semi-final in the League 1 Cup.

All this despite no dual-reg.

A young squad who all train together (unlike some of the 'Southern' teams).

A lot of credit must go to their young head coach Lee Greenwood. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up at the top.  

A mate of mine used to coach at Gloucestershire Warriors in their early days and he's always maintained that the area could produce some good rugby league players and be successful. He says that Gloucester been a rugby town there a lots of players, some better suited to League than union, for the same reason he thinks to fulfil potential they need to play in Gloucester rather than Chelteham

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

A mate of mine used to coach at Gloucestershire Warriors in their early days and he's always maintained that the area could produce some good rugby league players and be successful. He says that Gloucester been a rugby town there a lots of players, some better suited to League than union, for the same reason he thinks to fulfil potential they need to play in Gloucester rather than Chelteham

Couldn't agree more, Gloucester must be where the club is headed if it is to reach any loftier heights. In the meantime, it looks like they've had  agreat start to the season, long may it continue.

3 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Looking at the populations of both towns on Wikipedia Cheltenham is just a few thousand smaller than Gloucester. Wouldn't it be better for the league side to target Cheltenham while the union side is based in Gloucester??

29 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

Looking at the populations of both towns on Wikipedia Cheltenham is just a few thousand smaller than Gloucester. Wouldn't it be better for the league side to target Cheltenham while the union side is based in Gloucester??

Have you checked the demographics?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

48 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

Funny enough this got brought up at the 4N final when we bumped into a friend who, though originally from St Helens, lives in Gloucester and is a season ticket holder at the All Golds. Both of them were adamant that moving to Gloucester would be better for crowds as they say it is a rugby town, at lot of them enjoying League as well as union whereas Cheltenham is not

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Not just about spotting local players but about as Lee Greenwood has intimated before in interviews but  targeting Young Northern Lads who are have a positive attitude and are prepared to take a chance , attend Glos Uni and move their lives southward ,,the commitment these guys put in not just on a rugby field but in Uni life and as a rep of the All Golds generally makes their contribution to the effort to the cause far more defined than a lot of our heartland based players ..

I think I'll have the All Golds as my 'second team' this season - it's great to see them doing so well, and - more importantly - doing it the 'right way'.

There was talk of them doing a ground share with Gloucester City FC in a tidy little ground that had been subject to flood damage. Did anything ever transpire with that project? Would seem like the perfect solution...

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:20 PM, walter sobchak said:

As others have said Gloucester is a genuine rugby town. The cherry and whites (Gloucester RFC) have had no success apart from the odd flash in the pan since the 80s yet still attract 10,000-15,000 crowds and have spent a lot of money. A well run RL club could do well there with a realistic plan and a lot of hard work.imo

Archived