Halifax prediction's

graham fisher

On 4/9/2017 at 8:46 PM, marketram said:

Why doesn't Sawyer see what the fans see? The club enjoy some success and some say over achieved but we don't build on this. Other clubs spend to achieve similar or surpass our success in a competitive league. But we don't invest in the team to improve.

Supporters see and hear about homes being built, as well as other facilities and are told this will bring in further income and investment into the playing squad. Yet no real investment.

We tried with reserves but perhaps let down by the system but not to worry because once that was scrapped fans would think and feel that money will go towards strengthening our first team squad. 

It doesn't happen. Batley spend a little more as they look to capitalise on the likes of Fev, Sheff, and Fax failing to really secure a top 4 place year in year out. It pays off and now they are seen as a big team in the league with no fear of playing in league one in 2018 and show heart to comeback when the chips are down. We lose players like Wildie and Thacks with no replacements, but if you drive past Owl Lane on an evening you can see families in their new homes and people playing on the courts. The likes of BSJ might say what if Batleys gamble didn't pay off. Yet how bad could it have got? No wins in the league, no real quality players, dwindling crowds and a club that no damn well they are down in L1?

In a time in rugby league where Wakefield Trinity don't have a home and people are discussing clubs disappearing or moving and licences being sold, I fear for little Dewsbury Rams with their cute stadium. Sawyer has lost the plot and whilst I agree with Morrison going it was an impossible task from the moment we didn't sign quality players in important positions.

Utter disgrace and the club are under extreme risk of disappearing when the crowds dwindle in league one and the select group of players that are championship quality leave. 

The "utter disgrace" here is YOU, Market Ram....... All Mark Sawyer has done is back Morrison to the best of his ability...... I don't believe the reason we didn't get a decent half back is because Mr S wouldn't fund it -- I would bet my bottom dollar it's a combination of lack of quality, in the first place, and a reluctance to join Morrison's (fading) army. This ultimately was MORRISON's team and Mark Sawyer is only guilty of supporting that -- To say he's "lost the plot" is downright disrespectful. If you HAD attended then you would have learned what issues there have been regarding the pitches and why the funds haven't started coming through from them yet. And if the only thing you had to do better than attend the Fans Forum was to watch sodding Emmerdale then, quite frankly, the club is better off without you........ and what a sad little life you must lead.I thought Equalizer could come out with tosh at times, but Market Ram -- YOU are the master of it. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, christheram said:

The club have set aside money for a new half back market Ram, mark Sawyer stated this at the fans forum. The problem is no good ones are currently available. We also don't have the lowest budget in the league, it sadly looks like poor recruitment from the previous coach what Is costing us at the minute. wonder if the new coach will be in place this week?

Cheers! Is there a point on spending money on a half back? I just can't see a way of us staying up - it's near impossible. 

Wilsden what a throw a way comment that is. Keyboard Warrior. For one I do not believe there's money for a half back, and even if there is why have we found this after the season has started. He didn't need telling from a jumped up keyboard warrior that the squad lacked creativity. 

At this fans forum, was there any mention of where the new development has gone? I no it wasn't in a lump sum but IMO OF COURSE, I think Sawyer has personally done well out of these new developments and sacking Morrison was just a reminder to us that he's still around and hasn't forgotten about his hobby of running a club into the ground. 

15 hours ago, Therein73 said:

The "utter disgrace" here is YOU, Market Ram....... All Mark Sawyer has done is back Morrison to the best of his ability...... I don't believe the reason we didn't get a decent half back is because Mr S wouldn't fund it -- I would bet my bottom dollar it's a combination of lack of quality, in the first place, and a reluctance to join Morrison's (fading) army. This ultimately was MORRISON's team and Mark Sawyer is only guilty of supporting that -- To say he's "lost the plot" is downright disrespectful. If you HAD attended then you would have learned what issues there have been regarding the pitches and why the funds haven't started coming through from them yet. And if the only thing you had to do better than attend the Fans Forum was to watch sodding Emmerdale then, quite frankly, the club is better off without you........ and what a sad little life you must lead.I thought Equalizer could come out with tosh at times, but Market Ram -- YOU are the master of it. 

Truth hurts. Oxford, Hemel, Newcastle and South Wales. The minibus better have plenty of fuel and a good set of tyres. 

Market Ram as much as you may well be frustrated with the club, I do too at times become frustrated with our lack of marketing but il tell you this now Mark Sawyer isn't trying to run the club in to the ground. As he said in his own words there are many things we can change and improve on to go forward. Mark is also very approachable as he also said at the fans forum. Maybe if you voiced you're frustrations to him hel give you afew answers to you're questions. Unfortunately at the moment we are going through a real bad patch but that's sport, we will be back. What we don't need is fans not turning up or on each other's backs. If people are frustrated see mark and ask him the questions you want to ask or attend fans forums. We won't move forward bickering at each other or stating frustrations on this message board. Need to meet them head on. 

7 minutes ago, marketram said:

Truth hurts. Oxford, Hemel, Newcastle and South Wales. The minibus better have plenty of fuel and a good set of tyres. 

And, of course, your OPINION is indeed hard, actual, incontrovertible fact...................zzzzzzzzzzzz

"You want the truth, you can't handle the truth "..........D'oh - sorry - Of course, Emmerdale is also real

1 hour ago, christheram said:

Market Ram as much as you may well be frustrated with the club, I do too at times become frustrated with our lack of marketing but il tell you this now Mark Sawyer isn't trying to run the club in to the ground. As he said in his own words there are many things we can change and improve on to go forward. Mark is also very approachable as he also said at the fans forum. Maybe if you voiced you're frustrations to him hel give you afew answers to you're questions. Unfortunately at the moment we are going through a real bad patch but that's sport, we will be back. What we don't need is fans not turning up or on each other's backs. If people are frustrated see mark and ask him the questions you want to ask or attend fans forums. We won't move forward bickering at each other or stating frustrations on this message board. Need to meet them head on. 

Some fair points there tbh, thanks. And I hope you're right about Sawyer. I don't think it's fair that people solely blame Morrison now he's gone. It is Sawyer's club and many will have made him aware of the poor recruitment. 

Id also like to add that myself and some others I used to speak to at the games had offered their assistance with marketing and media and they were politely told no thank you. Not by Sawyer I'll add that. Disappointing really. 

20 hours ago, NickD said:

Don't roll that out  BSJ.  not having  the confidence to ask difficult questions like this in a large forum doesn't diminish the value or right of the question. 

Understood, but fans were calling for a forum to be held and MS listened and arranged one. If people feel so strongly then they at least could have attended.

MR is also consistently accusing MS of profiting from the club's predicament and the development which seems to go unchallenged by many on here. I do wonder what agendas people are working to at times. Don't you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, marketram said:

Some fair points there tbh, thanks. And I hope you're right about Sawyer. I don't think it's fair that people solely blame Morrison now he's gone. It is Sawyer's club and many will have made him aware of the poor recruitment. 

Id also like to add that myself and some others I used to speak to at the games had offered their assistance with marketing and media and they were politely told no thank you. Not by Sawyer I'll add that. Disappointing really. 

Told no thank you? Who by?

1 hour ago, marketram said:

Who told you "no thank you"?

And when can you start?

Tom

Back to the topic:

I thought our defence was good in the first half, but we lacked ideas whilst attacking. We still tend to pass to a standing player; it's as though no player is allowed to move forward until the ball is in a player's hand and you have to say the try we scored was somewhat fortuitous with Speakman collecting the ball in the in-goal area off a rebound and did he touch the ball down back in the field of play? It was difficult to be certain with players crowding the area. Some uncertainty might be added to Saltonstall's try too.

Second half, once Halifax took the lead, heads seemed to drop and the defence wobbled and was not helped by injuries to players, some having to remain, or return to the field.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

MR is also consistently accusing MS of profiting from the club's predicament and the development which seems to go unchallenged by many on here. I do wonder what agendas people are working to at times. Don't you?

That's a little unfair, very few people will see how much money there is from the football pitches or where it goes or how much money is needed to keep the club going each year. Difficult to challenge without knowing any facts. 

Though for the avoidance of doubt I'm not suggesting mark is profiteering at all.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

MS will never even recover the money that he (not the Club) spent over the previous 13 years on Land Surveys, Boreholes, Ground Testing,  Surveyors Fees, Architects Fees, Planning Applications etc etc.  That all took place to even give the Development a chance of getting off the ground!  There was a good chance it could all have been wasted.

That money has gone but perhaps he could get it back if someone bought his majority Shareholding in the Club and reading certain people on the Forum that may be what they want!

Step forward that person and Market the Club, deal with the RFL, attend regular meetings, run the club on a day-to-day basis, help with the Cash Flow when there is no Income and don't forget that you will have to have a full time job as well to run your own household.

Then the Keyboard Warriors can have a go at you when the club has a bad patch.

Just as a note, the money for our halfback target was to be provided by an individual who is a Supporter of the Club.

That's very generous of Coolie but really I'm not that good..  

But I am cheap ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

29 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

That's very generous of Coolie but really I'm not that good..  

But I am cheap ?

I seem to remember you are a slow but elusive winger PM - that being the case you don't need to be good, just patient. All that will be required, apart from your boots is  a tub of fiery jack and a good book. Incidentally, I've solved our problem regarding a decent number 6. Why don't we just play Hemmingway upside down ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

8 hours ago, Ramite said:

That's a little unfair, very few people will see how much money there is from the football pitches or where it goes or how much money is needed to keep the club going each year. Difficult to challenge without knowing any facts. 

Though for the avoidance of doubt I'm not suggesting mark is profiteering at all.

Mark Sawyer has taken this club from being a financial basket case to relatively stable for a RL club with a small supporter base. He must be out of pocket to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds during his tenure. His one weakness may be only showing too much loyalty to his coaches, but rather that than chopping and changing coaches. We need to finish above Oldham and Swinton to stay up, think it is still possible with 23 games to go.

Would Mark Sawyer have paid for the building of the new terracing if he was profiteering?? unlikely

What I would like to know is why we signed so many below par players this season - was the playing budget cut from previous seasons?  Why did we sign Alex Brown in the last couple of weeks of GM's reign when it was obvious to everyone that we needed a scrum half?

Would the appointment of a Director of rugby be a good appointment alongside (a young Jack Addy if you like) to stop us going down the same route of keeping future coaches past their sell by dates??

rambo.gif

38 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Why did we sign Alex Brown

Coz he's a darn fine player...

IMO of course and without bias :girlglasses:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived