Sign in to follow this  
SJD

Barrow V Town

Where do we start, what should have been a good game on a lovely evening was ruined.  Rugby League is losing fans week on week, If tonight had been my first visit to Craven Park it may have been my last and not because of the players, but because of the idiot with the whistle..

By the way we won by 26 - 10

Edited by SJD

Completely agree with those comments. I knew after 5 minutes this was going to happen. All the Raiders supporters were haveing a go at the referee but I think he was bad for both sides. Because of his amazing decisions Raiders had long periods defending. I though it was the worst Town team I've seen for a long tgtime. At one stage they had 4 penalties  within 10 to 15 metres of our try line and still couldn't score.

Anyway we are top of the league on our own until tomorrow.

By the way the gate was 1200-1300

Good win, I thinks similar to last game, the raiders turned it on in spells, and when they did they were too fast for town, brilliant breaks from dan toal, and andy mossop. Town improved in second half, and no 6 had a good game, although he does throw a lot of ffffflat passes, brilliant crowd, keep it up.

11 minutes ago, RAIDERSRUS said:

Without the idiot with the whistle there wouldn't be a game to watch!

yes there would, they'd have used a different ref, possibly one who knew what he was doing. the one we had was as bad as I've ever seen, ruined the game for me and was the main reason why workington were still in the game. 

• Like 2

The ref wasn't great but Barrow weren't either to be fair, too much dropped ball coming off there line and too many penalties given away, to be honest I thought Town played well and it's only because Barrow's defence this year is great is why the scoreline wasn't closer,remember Town are where we were 3 years ago rebuilding with a lot of amateur players, however though it shows the sign of a good side when Barrow defended there own area for 10/15  min spells 3 times during the game and within 3/4 tackles at Towns end of the field scored a try

Can't argue too much with that Vet, except the ref was a he'll of a lot worse than "not great" Town played some decent rugby to be fair but barrows defence was good, but it needed to be as they had plenty of defending to do some cos of their own mistakes but plenty after the ref deciding that his whistle needed blowing and it was about time he gave a pen. Ruined the game for me.

• Like 1

Ref totally ruined the game free flowing rugby can be played with an idiot like that in the middle....played to workys spoiling tactics in the 1st half..... Ho hum any supporters going tonight to watch a good flowing game won't be back I'm afraid ... good win ###### game...

• Like 1

it was my first game I have got to this evening and my take on it was that the referee did spoil the game by being finicky at the play the ball. I always feel that in any type of job a person should have practical experience of the work they are making decisions on,  it was quite clear this referee had never played the game before .When   Barrow had the ball in Towns twenty five they more or less scored so for me the referee kept the score respectable.

When you see the crowd size, feel the atmosphere, you just know it is a local derby, I have nothing against Toronto or hemel, but these are the games I want to watch.

• Like 2

I normally stick up for the officials as the crowd blame them for everything, on this occasion I can't as he got so many thing wrong. Having said that there is no point in talking back to him at the cost of two penalties. I thought it was a strange decision to bring on Toal when a team warning had just been given but for once he didn't let himself down with stupid penalties. Given the size of their forwards I would have thought it was an ideal game to have Brennan on the bench to cause damage when there first choice props were subbed. Once again we have managed to put on a poor display when a large crowd is in the ground which will not encourage the casual spectator.

I just can't wait for the derby match we traditionally have at Easter - that's always a bumper crowd - sorry just dreaming,  for a moment I thought somebody competent was in charge of the fixtures!!

• Like 1

Brennans injured

Just watched the video, the first try was from an outrageous dummy, which two town players bought, the second try was made with quick hands, then the delayed pass to andy litherland opened up a massive gap. and with his speed and power, nobody was going to stop him. I think the tries disallowed for town in the first half verified what everybody in the ground knew, so far forward, no discussion needed.

On 10/04/2017 at 0:50 PM, red square said:

I normally stick up for the officials as the crowd blame them for everything, on this occasion I can't as he got so many thing wrong. Having said that there is no point in talking back to him at the cost of two penalties. I thought it was a strange decision to bring on Toal when a team warning had just been given but for once he didn't let himself down with stupid penalties. Given the size of their forwards I would have thought it was an ideal game to have Brennan on the bench to cause damage when there first choice props were subbed. Once again we have managed to put on a poor display when a large crowd is in the ground which will not encourage the casual spectator.

I just can't wait for the derby match we traditionally have at Easter - that's always a bumper crowd - sorry just dreaming,  for a moment I thought somebody competent was in charge of the fixtures!!

No losses since Tourlouse hasn't happened by chance, its by design. The hard work of the players and coaching staff shows. There can always be a few scruffy bits in any game, but as long as we get it wright when it matters we'll keep on winning. Well done Raiders.