Scoreboard

fredm

I know this has been raised previously but without any apparent response from the club.  Can something be done about the positioning of the scoreboard so that it can be seen from anywhere in the ground?  If this is impossible, is it possible to have the clock showing at the top of the board as its present position in the bottom right corner means that the advertising boards obscure it from view particularly for spectators in the 9 'ole?

1 minute ago, fredm said:

I know this has been raised previously but without any apparent response from the club.  Can something be done about the positioning of the scoreboard so that it can be seen from anywhere in the ground?  If this is impossible, is it possible to have the clock showing at the top of the board as its present position in the bottom right corner means that the advertising boards obscure it from view particularly for spectators in the 9 'ole?

Imo of course, i don't know why they just dont move it a few meters to were the old score board is now, i sit in the kirkwood stand with my son and grand son and if they put it there we would still be able to see it as everone else would in the ground, the problem is it always falls on deaf ears, as no one at the club can be bothered responding the the issue in hand.

when you walk round the pitch best place as always looked top a dog house,gantrys already in place, not too fussed as if i cant see i just ask someone else,,  could do with bully been out n about and while were at it weres "who let the dogs out"  score tune gone to.. seen ginger army pushing pram again..:clapping:

needs to be behind the posts at the bottom end, like the old scoreboard used to be.

serves no purpose where it is now unless they can put it on a hydraulic platform and raise it up a bit.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

doubt you would get away with an hydraulic gantry/cherrypicker type jobby due to health n safety, it would have to be welded solid, steelworks already inplace at top corner to just link a smaller screen with score only on and jobs sorted.

Why is the scoreboard so important? Surely most people can add 4,2, and 1 together when needed, I wear a watch for the time or can even look at the clock on my phone so usually have a good idea when the game is finishing even so the timekeeper decides when the match finishes so it is irrelevant what my watch or the scoreboard says. For 100 years spectators have not needed a electronic scoreboard so why is it so important now?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

I'd like to complain...

There, I feel better already!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Personally it doesn't bother me whether it's down in the bottom corner over the doghouse or up in the sky if I want to look at it I will move so I can see it, the time is immaterial  as ernieone says the official timekeepers are the sole arbitrators of time.

Like yesterday when it was showing 3 mins to go the Rochdale group where calling out that the time was on Yorkshire time, what they forgot was the amount of time the ref: stopped was considerable, which abled Batley to score that last try from the time owed back to the game, no more no less.

1 hour ago, ernieone said:

Why is the scoreboard so important? Surely most people can add 4,2, and 1 together when needed, I wear a watch for the time or can even look at the clock on my phone so usually have a good idea when the game is finishing even so the timekeeper decides when the match finishes so it is irrelevant what my watch or the scoreboard says. For 100 years spectators have not needed a electronic scoreboard so why is it so important now?

For £20,000 I would say it's pretty important Ernie , if you spent that on a telly and couldn't see it you would moan

IMG_0583.JPG

28 minutes ago, silverback said:

thought we had fundraiser/raffles a while back for extra £££ it cost for the scoreboard and trailer.dident price change while on its way. looks good now anyways.

what looks good ?......:ph34r:

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

4 hours ago, coolie said:

Unfortunately our scoreboard is fine and visible to all in the ground.. ;)

I find it best not to look at our scoreboard when the game is on these days.

It must be nice when the only thing the Bulldogs can complain about is their scoreboard.

19 hours ago, ernieone said:

The score board is not just good for time keeping, its good to see players who are playing up in lights and its great for advertising and also for wishing happy birthday ect to fans. Imo of course

20 hours ago, ernieone said:

Maybe you're the only one who's been going there for 100 years Ernie. Remember when they first got electric in? It were over-rated then and still is now.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

i always wondered as a child in my cot up westown 60 years ago what the bloody knocking was every morning at 5am..:search:

bet bsj heard it too.

the local woodpecker ?.......or mum and dad fixing the headboard....?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

14 minutes ago, RPH said:

the local woodpecker ?.......or mum and dad fixing the headboard....?

some strange fella getting folks up to go to mill.:pickeat:knocking ont window with a long stick,  and am not kidding,  who needs tecknolagy..:pickeat:

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Yes, but who got the knocker up, up?

not sure rog,, i did wonder how he managed everyone for same time..must a been teamwork..his brother lit lamposts at teatime.:search:

Archived