Pricey/Schoey

EQUALIZER

For me I'm hoping Jonathan & Karl are kept on as part of ned's backroom staff,the changes they are making are now becoming visible.

As well as a team on the field you require one off the field as well.

The work Jonathan did with the second team showed he's got skills,Karl came across really well at the fan's forum..in the future I see ned's role a more director of rugby overseeing everything 

Time will tell

Brilliant yesterday :)

22 minutes ago, coolie said:

For me I'm hoping Jonathan & Karl are kept on as part of ned's backroom staff,the changes they are making are now becoming visible.

As well as a team on the field you require one off the field as well.

The work Jonathan did with the second team showed he's got skills,Karl came across really well at the fan's forum..in the future I see ned's role a more director of rugby overseeing everything 

Time will tell

Brilliant yesterday :)

Disagree Coolie,all links to the Morrison jobs for the boys should be severed.

Start the new era with a completely new coaching team.

8 minutes ago, barackoRAMa said:

Thought it was fair to give everybody a clean slate

And their efforts over the past few weeks without morrison shows they've the team at heart. 

Your forgetting Jonathan is our most successful coach in the last 8 years

Little unfair to simply throw out with the rubbish.

They have done well and Ned said in his Yorkshire Post interview that they were going to work together for the immediate future and see how it goes. I trust him to come to the best conclusion for the team and the club.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

During the warm up KP and JS stood a good distance away from Kelly and Merrick (I beleive that was who he was with); the look on their faces said: "This time next week we'll be out of a job." ;) 

I'd keep Schoey on, but reckon he could make it as a first team coach in league 1.

3 hours ago, barackoRAMa said:

I disagree with you; I saw an improvement in the first half at Halifax and against Batley it can't been all Neil's work. Give them some credit.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

5 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I disagree with you; I saw an improvement in the first half at Halifax and against Batley it can't been all Neil's work. Give them some credit.

Apparently Schofield and Pryce did the game plan and set play's for the Batley game,Neil Kelly said if he had to change things during the game he would.

In the royal suite after the game Kelly said the he would be working with Schofield and Pryce for the foreseeable future but if it turned out the they couldn't work together then unfortunately there would be a parting of the ways.

I certainly think Schofield has a future in the game in a coaching capacity after his success with the second team. I don't know about Prycey, it's still early days for him. But Ned is now head coach and although he has shown his appreciation for the aforementioned I do believe he will want to bring in his own man/team to assist. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see maybe a former player from Ned's former coaching spell at the club coming in as assistant.

1 hour ago, YOUNG UN said:

I certainly think Schofield has a future in the game in a coaching capacity after his success with the second team. I don't know about Prycey, it's still early days for him. But Ned is now head coach and although he has shown his appreciation for the aforementioned I do believe he will want to bring in his own man/team to assist. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see maybe a former player from Ned's former coaching spell at the club coming in as assistant.

Who do you have in mind?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Think we need to make sure we don't throw the baby out with the bath water......... There was certainly a resemblance on Friday to the way the reserves performed, and the spirit they had, with Schofield in charge, so I hope Kelly gives both him and Prycey a chance to prove themselves - as he will, I guess, do with the players. 

I wasn't KP's biggest fan as a player, but the way he spoke at the Fans Forum was impressive and he has worked under some very good coaches so again shouldn't be discarded without time to show what he has to offer.

Friday was the most enjoyable game since we battered Halifax at their place in the play-offs -- let's hope it's a sign of good times to come. 

Archived