Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bearman

Dally

39 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

We are marra and good eye sight to ;)

ps

good luck for the rest of the season, I think you will do really well next year , hopefully in a couple of years we can join you too.

What an absolute joke! After seeing the incident a couple of times I still can't see how he is even cited let alone banned for longer than a grade D, which stipulates (3-5) games, it happened 5m in front of a touch judge who gave nothing, 10m in front of the Town bench and nobody reacted which is usually an indicator, the lad unfortunately got injured while being tackled,is this now going to be standard procedure when someone gets hurt being tackled, the defender  is not going to play for a month and a half! Is it any wonder why people are getting disillusioned with the sport when it seems so corrupt by those who run it.

6 people like this

so if its 3-5 games for the grade D offence why 6 matches ? The amount of times Dally has taken a late hit after kicking the ball in the last couple of seasons with no action by the officials as well ... doesnt compute ??

2 people like this

Maybe the fact he pleaded not guilty didn't help plus if you look on RFL disciplinary he also got picked up for a late challenge on fell in same game as for saying town fans need go specsavers looks like the refs and linesman and fans need do same there  must have been something seen in tackle to get put up in front of the panel in first place 

1 person likes this

Maybe he pleaded not guilty was due to fact there wasn't anything wrong with the tackle... only a thought

1 person likes this

I presume that it was Workington that cited the event. It doesn't seem fair that one of our main competitors in the league has taken one of our best players out of the league for 6 matches. Or am I being naive.

It seems to me that Daly will miss the following games- York, Oxford, South Wales, Keighley, Toronto, Blackpool final probably.

I would hope any club would cite a player if they thought there was something to be seen surely if the shoe was on the other foot you would want the same 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Michael Ashton said:

I presume that it was Workington that cited the event. It doesn't seem fair that one of our main competitors in the league has taken one of our best players out of the league for 6 matches. Or am I being naive.

It seems to me that Daly will miss the following games- York, Oxford, South Wales, Keighley, Toronto, Blackpool final probably.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe the next round of the Challenge Cup is when we play Keighley which will need to be re-arranged, that's if we beat York of course, so another blow for Dally is he will miss a potential game against one of the big guns.

Edited by richie keay

I'm open to correction richie but according to my list if we beat York the 6th round is on 17th June when we are at home to Crusaders (that's 9 matches away). The Crusaders match would have to be changed. The Keighley game is on 14th May. If I'm wrong please let me know and I'll alter my list.

Posted (edited)

Michael this is a list of rounds taken from Wikipedia the 17th June is the quarter finals.

Round Dates
Round 1 28–29 January 2017
Round 2 11–12 February 2017
Round 3 25–26 February 2017
Round 4 18–19 March 2017
Round 5 22–23 April 2017
Round 6 13–14 May 2017
Quarter Finals 17–18 June 2017
Semi Finals 28–29 July 2017
Final 26 August 2017
Edited by richie keay

Evidently he was put on report by the ref in the Newcastle game as well. Maybe this contributed to the 6 match ban? Just wish he would concentrate on running the game and help win games for us and stay clear of all the unnecessary stuff. He won't be helping us much in the next few weeks. A huge loss for us.

2 people like this

I do appologize ritchie and to all those who hang on my every word LOL. I got it from rugby-league.com and you are of course spot on. This means should we beat York he will not be available for the 6th round. It seems to me that Keighley will have to be a mid week game because there are no more week end free dates until Super Eights.

All a question of ifs and buts.

big loss but a good side can bring in another player to cover ...Brad Marwood or Dan Abram will get an extended run probably ... Karl Ashall is nearing a return to cover hooker so Dan can revert to his true position if necessary.

Oh and Dally has taken a lot of off the ball hits without the ball in the last year or so after kicking for touch ... how come some of these have never been cited?

4 people like this

Reduced to 5 games due to successful appeal today, now available for the Toronto game.COYR.

3 people like this