Match thread Featherstone Rovers v Bradford Bulls Monday 17 April 2017

No squad news from us yet, presumably because the 48-hour publication date fell on a Saturday as it's the first time this year we haven't been prompt with squad news.

But shouldn't be that hard to work out...Richard Moore presumably back after his 1-game ban, hopefully Hardo and Misi back too. Otherwise presumably the same squad as Friday, unless Sam Day gets a run out (but the CC game next week might be his opportunity).

No DR players for us or Leeds loanees for them. Easter games can be unpredictable, but be disappointed if we aren't able to win this with a bit to spare. 2pts the main priority though as ever.

RICHARD Moore looks set to return to Kingstone Press Championship action on Easter Monday, after being included in the Rovers’ LOCO Energy 19-Man Squad for the visit of Bradford Bulls (kick-off 3.00pm).

Former Bull Moore missed Featherstone’s Good Friday trip to Hull KR through suspension but is now back in contention, taking the place of Kyle Briggs ahead of tomorrow’s round eleven Kingstone Press Championship encounter.

Jon Sharp’s squad is otherwise unchanged, with Jason Walton and Frankie Mariano ruled out with injuries.

And there is no place either for Luke Briscoe, who has four matches of a five-match ban still to serve.

Ian Hardman and Misi Taulapapa, who were withdrawn prior to kick-off on Good Friday, will face late fitness tests tomorrow.

THE LOCO Energy 19-Man Squad: Ian Hardman, James Duckworth, Chris Ulugia, Misi Taulapapa, Anthony Thackeray, Darrell Griffin, Keal Carlile, Andy Bostock, Michael Knowles, John Davies, Richard Moore, Brad Tagg, Luke Cooper, Scott Turner, Matty Wildie, Kyran Johnson, James Lockwood, Josh Hardcastle, Cory Aston.

PLEASE NOTE: Rovers and Bulls supporters will be able to pay-on-the-gate tomorrow, with admission priced at £18 (adults), £12 (concessions) and £5 (juniors).

Im Fev and im proud

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

you will be classed as an average team in a ###### ground.

Well they'd be experts on that. :ph34r:

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Absolutely banging it down tomorrow looking at the forecast - Weve played poor in the rain up to press but i think weve learned from our previous mistakes - think we will comfortably but it wont be a 40,50,60 point shillacking

Fev 26 Bradford 6

1st try Misi

Mom Davies

Att 2976

18 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Absolutely banging it down tomorrow looking at the forecast - Weve played poor in the rain up to press but i think weve learned from our previous mistakes - think we will comfortably but it wont be a 40,50,60 point shillacking

Think it depends on which forecast you look at - have seen several (including Met Office for Pontefract at http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcx16q0pw ) which are fine. Really hope it's dry, or damp at worst.

Rovers sent this Tweet out this morning.

FOLLOWING the captain's run, Jon Sharp has been forced to make changes to the LOCO Energy 19-Man Squad originally named! More to follow...

18 minutes ago, pont rover said:

Rovers sent this Tweet out this morning.

FOLLOWING the captain's run, Jon Sharp has been forced to make changes to the LOCO Energy 19-Man Squad originally named! More to follow...

Not the first time this has happened. We need to stop having the captain's run! Presumably Briggs or Day into the squad, unless someone from Leeds has suddenly become available.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Line up for today

Hardman-Taulapapa-Ulugia-Hardcastle-Turner-Thackeray-Aston-Cooper-Carlile-Moore-Knowles-Davies-Lockwood.

Subs..Griffin-Wildie-Ormandroyd-Bostock.

A game of two halves

First half best first half of season and we took them to the cleaners, every time we had the ball we looked dangerous

Second half for me we went through the motions and the cue was well and truly put on the rack

Surely JS isnt happy with that second half execution and performance? Not sure there is much room to complain after 2 games in 3 days

Though he should be complaining about the discipline! 44-6 up and Bostock blatantly booting the ball away/into the crowd? What is all that about? Just stupid! Not sure on the Misi one as watching the ball but for me Campbell milked it a bit playing dead even if Misi was a tad late

Well done Scott Turner, finally took his opportunity

4 hours ago, pont rover said:

I think the Captain's run is the last training session before a match where the team go through their set plays and defence set up.

If they don't know what they are going to do at that stage PR, we might as well all go home

Job done 1st half. Few silly mistakes and fatigue kicked in 2nd half, Bradford still full time though so you would expect them to keep going, even though it looked like they had blown another 2 million quid on pies for roache and moore. Thoughts on missi's tackle? Looked a right hit from were i was, he committed to the tackle before ball was passed, think campbell played on it looked to be unconcious got up and carried on.

Archived