bbc rl website spoilers

the bbc rl website - click on fixtures - up come the fixtures with the nrl "results" as well click on live scores and up come the live scores with nrl "results  as well- for those of us who record nrl this is soooooo annoying  - fixtures are not results and neither are live scores

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Maybe avoid clicking until you've watched the games you've recorded?

my point is results should be separate to live scores and fixtures

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

my point is results should be separate to live scores and fixtures

I find the set-up quite handy.  It used to be that results would disappear from the fixtures/live page the second the match ended.  That was frustrating.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I find the set-up quite handy.  It used to be that results would disappear from the fixtures/live page the second the match ended.  That was frustrating.

could it  may be have gone to the "results" page after it ended- the conclusion of a game is a result is it not? is it me or what?

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

could it  may be have gone to the "results" page after it ended- the conclusion of a game is a result is it not? is it me or what?

Yes, they went there. At the full time whistle.  So if you were following games at different stages you had to flick between two pages. Not helpful. This way is much better.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Yes, they went there. At the full time whistle.  So if you were following games at different stages you had to flick between two pages. Not helpful. This way is much better.

its much better to be told the results of games you have paid for and recorded that shouldn't be in that section? than make one extra click, oh yes of course- how silly of me to think otherwise

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

its much better to be told the results of games you have paid for and recorded that shouldn't be in that section? than make one extra click, oh yes of course- how silly of me to think otherwise

The BBC has no duty to Premier Sports subscribers.

I've never really got the moaning about accessing RL or news websites and coming across the score to a game. I've mistakenly done it myself when browsing out of habit and just blamed myself for being a numpty, not someone else for starting a thread for example. If I really want to avoid a score I just avoid the means to access the said score.

6 hours ago, Damien said:

I've never really got the moaning about accessing RL or news websites and coming across the score to a game. I've mistakenly done it myself when browsing out of habit and just blamed myself for being a numpty, not someone else for starting a thread for example. If I really want to avoid a score I just avoid the means to access the said score.

the results I don't want to know are on the live scores page- it must be me, it realy must

So this is a thread about everyone's low expectaions of Aunty's RL website not being reached by t'interweb equivalent of a day out in Morecambe. Works for me!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 minutes ago, parklandswolf said:

Just listening to this weeks podcast, I think the BBC have upped their game a bit recently.   Assume everyone else listens to them or may be not

The podcast is worth a listen. It is also worth getting anyway, just for the BBC's download stats.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

the results I don't want to know are on the live scores page- it must be me, it realy must

You're right, it is you.

If the BBC didn't put the NRL scores up, people would moan.

If you have recoded a game, watch it instead of surfing the BBC RL website.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

10 hours ago, Just Browny said:

You're right, it is you.

If the BBC didn't put the NRL scores up, people would moan.

If you have recoded a game, watch it instead of surfing the BBC RL website.

live scores are not results live scores are not results live scores are not results- theres a tab for live scores- games in play, that's where the live bit comes from, theres a tab for results , games that are over that's where the results bit comes from - when I click a tab to see a live score eg , wakey v wigan  ( a game in play) why am I looking at an nrl result ( a game finished 6 hrs ago) on the same page?

14 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

live scores are not results live scores are not results live scores are not results- theres a tab for live scores- games in play, that's where the live bit comes from, theres a tab for results , games that are over that's where the results bit comes from - when I click a tab to see a live score eg , wakey v wigan  ( a game in play) why am I looking at an nrl result ( a game finished 6 hrs ago) on the same page?

Complain to the Beeb and see what they say 

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Complain to the Beeb and see what they say 

you only get automated replies  from the bbc if you dare to contact them

Archived