Featherstone Rovers

moorside roughyed

I'd like to go to Featherstone, win a thriller and then get Leeds away in the next round to help the club finances (and have a dream of another cup shock).

Realistically though, although I'll recall it forever, that cup run disrupted our Championship campaign last year.  Given the choice of beating Hull KR to be then thrashed by Warrington or guaranteeing league status by early August, I'd have gone for the latter.

Still want to beat Fev though lol!

Fev will be weakened next week with the suspension of Thackeray and Briscoe and its debateable whether Cory Aston will be able to play despite being a year long loan from Leeds. Here's to a good game.You played really well last time.

Cheers Clifford. We will give them a shout for you.

Always tough at Fev, should be a good match. TBH the cup is a distraction as far as I'm concerned, of course I will be travelling hoping for an Oldham win but part of me wants us out of the damn comp. The days of massive shocks are long gone, none of us Champ teams has a cat in hells chance of winning the cup. As for the money aspect, well of course it comes in more than handy but depends on the draw, even having said that in 1989 we played the World Champions away (and won) in front of 16,000 or so at Naughton Park so we got a massive payday and a semi v Warrington (Less said the better), IF we win at Fev and get Batley/Dews or such like its not exactly a jackpot in terms of finance.

The Cup is now so biased towards SL its unreal, the only thing that matters to me is maintaining Championship status, long term that will get us more money and keep confidence of the club and lads than a potential drubbing against one of the SL boys for a payday of ,if its a poor draw,a split of 1600 or so souls, the cup run did us no favours last season as good as it was at the time.

Still hope we win cause its our club, I would never back against us no matter what. I just honestly think in the grand scheme of things the League is a 100% more important.

See all the travelling Yed army tomorrow. Up the Yeds!

Believe me I would prefer to be in Yorkshire as opposed to Merseyside,  but daughter number one needs me, hopefully she'll pass the audition and Oldham win and then we get Wigan at home. 

But I do think that the cup is a distraction from league survival 

conditions which suited us this time which was perfect for a good fast flowing game of cup rugger, unfortunately the ref wasn't up for that, as pedantic as we've seen this season(dews away apart), think he lost the game early doors and was as frustrating for the players as well as fans, I'd be a liar if I said the result was never in doubt and my forecast of a 30 pts win was tested in that period at start of 2nd half when you scored and looked up for it. as good as a Oldham team I've seen for a few seasons and the trip to yours in july will be a closer affair I'm sure. also respect to the decent following you had today.

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

Oldham were tenacious enough without really threatening to win the game. The only worrying period for Fev was just after half time but instead of kicking on for your team at 10-4 it was Fev that regained control and scored three quick tries to put the tie to bed.

Tough game today as always at Fev, enjoyed the day though if not the result. Fev fans both at the game and in the pub after were a credit, had a right good banter with them.

The game was a mixed affair really, Fev didnt really look uncomfortable apart from the spell just after we scored. Oldham never gave in but we lacked the nouse to break the defense down. Best team on the day won, next week at Dewsbury is far more important in the grand scheme of things. As stated above good turn out of Oldham fans today, we can concentrate on the league now and maintaining Championship status.

When we scored we were looking promising.We won a penalty and Scott Leatherbarrow did not get any distance with his touch kick.From the tap we lasted two tackles and lost possession.It was from then they started to run in tries.Bottom line is when we get a penalty,find a decent touch and play down in their half.It seems to have been a trait of Oldhams to gain little from a penalty to touch.

Tough watching Twitter yesterday, the only plus is that we can focus on the league 

We need points from Dewsbury as I can't see us winning in London, as with the travel and the plastic pitch it might be too much hope I'm wrong. 

We need to get the points scoring for bit up, so as long as the boys play with passion, heart,  pride and confidence we will go along way on Sunday to get a W

Can't make the Dewsbury game unfortunately. The boys will have to be on their game for this one as Dewsbury seem to have come on a bit since their change of coach.Plus the fact that we both need the points. Should be a good game for a neutral.

Archived