Doc and Dec up before the judge

47 minutes ago, John Rhino said:

Not a clue who or what judge Rinder is but this sounds good.

We need more people like this willing to put themselves in a potentially embarrassing position for a bit of fun and promote the game

http://www.seriousaboutrl.com/doc-dec-go-judge-rinder-6284/

I haven't seen this Judge Rinder show, but it seems to be quite a popular fixture in the daytime TV schedules. Rinder himself is a bit of a campy, attention-seeking diva, judging (geddit?) from when I saw him on a chat show, and he was on the last series of 'Strictly come dancing'.

I think the programme is an attempt at a British 'Judge Judy'.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, John Rhino said:

Is he a proper judge. With a gavel! ?

They don't use gavels in proper court cases, except in TV & films.

Robert Rinder is a real barrister (and that doesn't mean his day job is making disappointing coffee).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

As I understand it, it's a court of arbitration in which participants agree to be bound by Rinders decision

May not be quite as binding as the agreements reached in Judge Judy. Many some committed Rinderphiles on here can confirm this or not.

Yes he's a Barrister not an actual Judge.   And this is just legal arbitration where he is authorised to make a 'judgement' in a dispute.

Whilst ANY publicity is welcome for our game, I do wish it wasn't always associated with Trash TV.   What next?   Benidorm cameos?

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

44 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Yes he's a Barrister not an actual Judge.   And this is just legal arbitration where he is authorised to make a 'judgement' in a dispute.

Whilst ANY publicity is welcome for our game, I do wish it wasn't always associated with Trash TV.   What next?   Benidorm cameos?

The Only Way Is Salford 

50 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Yeah this was my immediate thought too.

Our game is associated with low end sponsors like Bingo companies and gimmicky trash like the Jonny Vegas Promo. I couldn't see two Football or RU Chairman doing something like this. I also cant see some high end sponsor seeing it and thinking I want my product associated with a sport whose Chairman of two elite clubs argue it out on Judge Rinder.

Yes its all a good laugh but for me does the game no favours.

As trashy as it is Judge Rinder does seem to know his stuff. I watched it once where a Puppeteer had not been paid by a party organiser. The excuse was that the party organiser had not been paid by the customer. JR handed his backside on a plate with a load of legal speak, it was quite impressive.

1 hour ago, wonderofwood said:

Football and RU have a governing body who look after the marketing of the game extremely well. We have the RFL  -  This is tongue in cheek and any publicity for our game on daytime TV is all good in my book. 

I'm ambivalent here good publicity but then again something that smacks of Eddie Waring on It's a Knockout .................

5484072-batman66twoface.jpg

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

11 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

Yes he's a Barrister not an actual Judge.  

Doesn't matter. Barristers can sit as judges, where they are refered to as recorders (as opposed to real recorders which are appointed by the crown). 

They may do this as a one off or on a semi permanent basis as a circuit judge.

Anyway hope he's good. I've set the recorder ?

17 hours ago, Mark S said:

As trashy as it is Judge Rinder does seem to know his stuff. I watched it once where a Puppeteer had not been paid by a party organiser. The excuse was that the party organiser had not been paid by the customer. JR handed his backside on a plate with a load of legal speak, it was quite impressive.

:blink: Perhaps could have been worded better...:ph34r:

Will probably give the show a watch, Koukash and Beaumont are a couple of wealthy characters who I'd rather have in our sport than not and have proved that they don't take themselves too seriously.

Should be good fun.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

We get Judge Rinder in NZ on afternoon free to air tv, seen it a few times obviously both parties agree to have case heard on TV. Obviously being done for publicity as £5000 or so is the limit Judge Rinder can award... either Gareth Hock is on peanuts or 2 club owners are doing this for publicity or it relates to a smaller financial matter arising out of the contract dispute or all of the above... be interesting to see what its all about  

2 hours ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

We get Judge Rinder in NZ on afternoon free to air tv, seen it a few times obviously both parties agree to have case heard on TV. Obviously being done for publicity as £5000 or so is the limit Judge Rinder can award... either Gareth Hock is on peanuts or 2 club owners are doing this for publicity or it relates to a smaller financial matter arising out of the contract dispute or all of the above... be interesting to see what its all about  

This...a hundred or so times, this.

It's on now apparently.

Just started watching it on catch-up. Rinder's a bit of a show-off, but I'll put up with him for a bit, just to see what the programme's like.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived