roughyed34

Lepori-Contact with match official

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Lippy charged with contact with a match official (grade B).

The incident is on the Oldham v Swinton match video at 41.20. Are the RFL on something? Clearly he would have run in front of the ref had the referee not stepped in his way! If he gets anything for that its a disgrace after the recent not guilty of Houston of Widnes wiping out Phil Bentham with a huge tackle in the back. There is absolutely nothing Lippy could do to avoid contact when the Ref steps into his path. The RFL disciplinary is a total joke system, far too inconsistent. It needs sorting out asap.

Edited by roughyed34
1 person likes this

Looking at the video, the ref is moving to his left, away from the path of the approaching Lippy.  Lippy continues his run which will take him past the retreating referee but the the official changes course into the path of Lippy.  A slight bump occurs and that's about it.

There may be a policy where all collisions are reviewed but Lippy should come out of this non-incident with no case to answer.

1 person likes this

Reviewed I agree with Dave, but charging a player for that is ludicrous. Luke Gale got a ban for touching a ref on his shoulder,Houston cleans Bentham out and gets nothing. These clowns that run our game need a major shake up.The disciplinary is a flawed system, Joe Taira of Rochdale cracks a player on the floor and gets a red card, charged with grade B striking which carries the same punishment 1-2 matches as the alleged offence of Lippy? Major review of the disciplinary is needed before the game loses all credibility.

Just think what they would have thrown at John Cogger then !

I remember a game at sheddings where he drove through 2 would be defenders and connected with the ref's stomach who was stood behind the defenders. If I remember rightly the ref was carried off and had to be replaced..

Seems extremely harsh to me though...

I'm off to Morrison's later on to get the bits and bobs for Friday night curry.  I'm telling you, I'll be involved in worse collisions than that down the beer aisle and that's before I reach the fish counter where's there's always a scuffle for the prawns on offer.

2 people like this

Too many shellfish people about...

4 people like this

Bryan are you youve got to be codding us with that 

So having reviewed the video they think Lepori deliberately makes contacts with ref. Assume they stopped the video then and missed Lepori getting the high shot some 6 minutes later. Unbelievable. 

What a load of shash!. The RFL is a complete joke.

He ain't Codding Wozz,just knows his plaice,referees these days are right sprats unless they have been bunged a few squid.Turbotulant times for the red(hall)snappers. On that note I shall get my coat 😂

1 person likes this

If you come up with any more fish gags, let minnow.

Posted (edited)

Haha that was a gudgeon. Lippy must of been in the wrong plaice at the wrong time ;)

Edited by Yed17

Posted (edited)

This is wearing a bit fin now.

I hake fish jokes.

Edited by BryanC

Everyone's having a whale of a time on here , anyhow just hope that we can seal a win tomorrow 

Tonight is Lippy's hearing and after last week's farce with Houston, I fully expect for him to be left off with a talking too, but then again he's a part time player and in the championship and doesn't play for a super league club 

We can all breathe a sigh of relief, and that includes Kieran Gill.

Edited by Dave Naylor

The fact it went this far beggars belief. RFL are complete imbeciles.