Sign in to follow this  
Bearman

What a result !

Well I was firmly told we didnt deserve to win as I left the ground. I just smiled and said "the ref thought we did" winners are grinners?

It certainly wasnt easy. York were big and quick and really tested our defence. But good teams find a way to win and the team spirit shone through.

Now can we have a big pay day and then get on with the main business of the season?

Edited by Bearman
  • Like 1

You probably did  deserve to win today 

But we will look forward to meeting you again in the playoffs when we have a full strength side and a real ref 

Good luck for the season .

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

But we will look forward to meeting you again in the playoffs when we have a full strength side and a real ref 

Fair play George ... however we also were without 5 of what would be classed as starting 17 players ...the difference being we have players of the same calibre to come into the side as cover ..... regarding the ref cant comment as I wasnt there but over the last couple of home games we have had the same issues with referees so maybe they are favouring the away sides ?????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

a full strength side will have to significantly improve the defence George. Conceding 11 tries in any game is not good enough on your home patch and worse than the 28 points conceded at Craven park. The missing players have a lot to do 

I think the raiders do have careless spells in the middle of games, but when they turn it on, it's full on, well done lads, and well done York, great game.

• Like 1

Former Great Britain and England players Chris Joynt and Keith Senior will conduct the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup sixth round draw on Tuesday, April 25 (from 6.30pm).

The draw will be broadcast live on BBC News Channel’s Sportsday programme.

Obviously you have issues with the standard of referring in the competition, but will the RFL listen to the concerns of the people who pay to watch a great game till the referee decides he has his own engender and decides to which team wins a game of rugby league. Hope you beat Toronto to win the league, but obviously with the different salary cap  compared to the rest of the teams the RFL don't want  teams to succeeded who have been part of rugby league grass routes for years? I think the 1.8k million salary cap will make sure Toronto will win promotion.

Personally I liked the referees style (one or two errors excluded). As far as I am concerned he let the game flow and I thought it was a good, fast, exciting game that could have gone either way. I'm sure any Raiders supporter who was at the game against Workington will agree that that ref never took his whistle out of his mouth.

Mash, yes I agree upto half-time really strong flowing game aided by the ref, however after 10mins of 2nd half we seriously had you rattled and on 64 mins a simply shocking refereeing decision cost us the win, at 14pts down with 15 on the clock couldn't see you scoring three times, a clear and worse obstruction unpunished followed by an American football pass to get your winger in the far corner let's you back in the game and the sin binning ended the competitive game. Still can't see how a player on his knees despite being in the ruck area gets cheaply bull-dozed from behind and it's not a penalty?? Could have caused a serious whiplash injury, Yes he then swings one at your lad but who wouldn't after that. 

Great away support from you lot as usual, still think you are beatable, will the 13th Meeting be unlucky for some? Hopefully you. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

a full strength side will have to significantly improve the defence George. Conceding 11 tries in any game is not good enough on your home patch and worse than the 28 points conceded at Craven park. The missing players have a lot to do 

Yes we need to tighten up but three tries against 12 men plus a couple of let's just say shocking decisions were the difference, there weren't 22pts difference in those two sides all factors considered. 

• Like 1

Got to say barrows discipline was exemplary. To only concede one penalty on 77 mins is a noteable achievement. To never bei off side or holding down takes some doing