Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
morty

Re-arranged Keighley away fixture

15 posts in this topic

Due to being through to Round 6 of the Challenge cup our away game at Keighley has been brought forward to Wednesday 10th May 7:30pm KO

Lads will be knackered for the cup game ????

Posted (edited)

3 games in 7 days, really isn't thought out very well is it?

Edited by Penno

I guess all parties had to agree though even though it doesn't seem fair!

Not good for Keighley either as they only have three days between games and they are losing what should have been a good crowd at the weekend.

I think that's a shocking decision. Is it purely up to us & Keighley or do RFL have a say in it. Why can it not be later in the season. We have iPro Cup semi 30/4.  CC 6th Round on 13/5, Toronto away on 20/5 &  iPro Cup final 27/5. Now Keighley away 10/5. This could break all the hard work this season. Cresta's already said he hopes York win doesn't come back and byte us on the bottom.

Surely there is until 16th July to play the game.

1 person likes this

Catalans away Sat 13th must be worst case scenario, t'RFL couldn't enforce it, could they?

Where did that info come from Lee because I've seen nothing anywhere else. In addition your message was put on the forum yesterday morning. The match only took place on Sunday afternoon so it's remarkable that the 2 clubs could arrange a date and agree it with RFL in so little time.

I know guys, it's a nightmare, but hey. Would you rather be in our shoes or Whitehaven, Workington, York, Doncaster, etc? This is a great season, giving us the funds to compete next season. In Cresta I believe. We have a great squad. Chins up.

2 people like this

A bit off topic but I've got a programme from 1955 somewhere and it lists Barrow's fixtures for April and May that year.

I cannot remember how many games they played in a very short time but it was incredible. Can anyone shed any light on the details.

The players must have been part time and would not have had cars and there were no motorways although public transport was much more reliable back then.

Anyone know the details?

On 24/04/2017 at 10:34 AM, morty said:

Due to being through to Round 6 of the Challenge cup our away game at Keighley has been brought forward to Wednesday 10th May 7:30pm KO

Lads will be knackered for the cup game ????

Dalimore will be free to play in the Final ( if you get there)

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Bearman said:

A bit off topic but I've got a programme from 1955 somewhere and it lists Barrow's fixtures for April and May that year.

I cannot remember how many games they played in a very short time but it was incredible. Can anyone shed any light on the details.

The players must have been part time and would not have had cars and there were no motorways although public transport was much more reliable back then.

Anyone know the details?

I know they lost to hull at home week after final, still had hangovers.

We need to prioritise!

Play well and beat Oxford to make the final, then do the same away at Keighley for the League. 

We need to forget about Leeds. We cant do anything about the fixtures and to be honest

we are not going to beat them. 

Unfortunately (because of above) we need to see it as a good pay day, 

take the money and run then prep well for Toronto.

1 person likes this