Sign in to follow this  
alba

Challenge Cup

Anyone else who was there the last time we played Leeds at Headingley, in 1990?

I'm sure we'll put on a better performance than we managed on that day! All we have to do is concede fewer than 90 and score more than 0 :-)

A home tie would have been nice, but this should be a decent payday at least  

Bloody tragic draw! The opportunity to market locally our rugby team lost! When the Super League Winner of the cup lifts it.... I'm sure they worked really hard in the 4 games they played. It really devalues the competition. We need a comp where everyone competes! It's our game! Sorry for the rant. 

• Like 2

home wouldve been better but a good payday to help with the coffers

19 minutes ago, boat builder said:

Bloody tragic draw! The opportunity to market locally our rugby team lost! When the Super League Winner of the cup lifts it.... I'm sure they worked really hard in the 4 games they played. It really devalues the competition. We need a comp where everyone competes! It's our game! Sorry for the rant. 

May the roof above your head never fall in, and the people beneath it never fall out.

Don't want to be unduly pessimistic but last seasons 6th round results and gates are shown above. The CC gates right through are dreadful these days. Admittedly only 4 SL were at home last year but the gates were pretty poor. This season Huddersfield could manage only about 1200. Pity it's not at home but hopefully it will be a reasonable gate

Edited by Michael Ashton

2 minutes ago, Michael Ashton said:

Don't want to be unduly pessimistic but last seasons 6th round results and gates are shown above. The CC gates right through are dreadful these days. Admittedly only 4 SL were at home last year but the gates were pretty poor. This season Huddersfield could manage only about 1200. Pity it's not at home but hopefully it will be a reasonable gate

It will be the biggest gate receipts Barrow will enjoy this year and a hell of a lot better than having to go to Fev or Halifax. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DEANO said:

And if you get the same ref as Sunday you could well win?

are you still going on about that mate ...its been gone so just move on ..... im sure you will be in the mix for the top 5

• Like 1

That will do.

A big pay day and then get on with the important business of the season.....and with no pressure who know what could happen, remember Castleford 28 Barrow 34?

2 hours ago, DEANO said:

And if you get the same ref as Sunday you could well win?

I had fish and chips for my tea and the newspaper they were wrapped in said Barrow won on Sunday. Am I missing something here?

Main thing to concentrate on is getting a home draw next round.

Leeds aren't a bad side but I'm sure Cresta has a cunning plan.

• Like 1

On 2017-4-25 at 7:12 PM, Dave W said:

Anyone else who was there the last time we played Leeds at Headingley, in 1990?

I'm sure we'll put on a better performance than we managed on that day! All we have to do is concede fewer than 90 and score more than 0 :-)

A home tie would have been nice, but this should be a decent payday at least  

Forgot about 1993 when we lost 54-18.

If we continue at that rate of improvement, we should have the measure of them this time out and win 18-36. 

• Like 1

Good  coverage on BBC''Look North'' news at 18.30 last night.Interviews with Cresta and the Chairman interspersed with archive footage from the 1955 Cup Final showing Willie Horne holding the Cup aloft.Sure I caught a glimpse of a Bear Cub scampering along the touchline behind the Barrow team at full time.

I'm sure Cresta will feel confident. If Swinton could beat Huddersfield and Huddersfield have beaten Leeds we should be able to beat Leeds. Also Swinton should beat Wigan. Imagine both in the last 16.

What's wrong with dreaming!!!