27 Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (TV)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giants normally play well Vs Leeds - Brough will have another stormer I imagine

Chris Kendall is the ref

For Leeds Walker and Oldezki keep their place in the squad - while a fair few come back in

Possible team

Golding
Briscoe, Watkins, Ward, Hall
McGuire Moon
Galloway, Parcell, Singleton
JJB, Delaney
Cuthbo
Bench - Burrow, Garbutt, Mullally, Oledzki

Out - Walker, Handley - if Golding isnt fit id start Handley over Walker

Ward is wasted at centre but best we've got if we dont want to move Moon, Strong team from Leeds - i'll go for Leeds by 10

4 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I genuinely think that the Giants are a decent side. Maybe last week will be their Cas - Leeds moment? I could see them winning as I don't think they are as bad, or Leeds as good, as the table suggests.

I was about to post something almost identical.  Giants to bounce back strongly after the cup humiliation. 

22-26

32 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I genuinely think that the Giants are a decent side. Maybe last week will be their Cas - Leeds moment? I could see them winning as I don't think they are as bad, or Leeds as good, as the table suggests.

Giants have not been on TV much this year so i am assuming you wont have seen a lot of them, Believe me most of their performances have been, ( difficult to come up with the right word ).

However the better shows have been against the better sides, exactly as they were last season, So we could win it or lose it by a couple of points or we could get the mother of all shellackings,  Our injury list doesn't help of course but most teams have the same problem.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

53 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I genuinely think that the Rhinos are a decent side...I've noticed most members on here are reluctant to give them any credit at all....you seem I've noticed to be always fielding against them...wishful thinking and not trusting the evidence of your own eyes....look at the table, clear evidence isn't it? 

What other criteria do you require?

3 hours ago, East of the Moon said:

I genuinely think that the Rhinos are a decent side...I've noticed most members on here are reluctant to give them any credit at all....you seem I've noticed to be always fielding against them...wishful thinking and not trusting the evidence of your own eyes....look at the table, clear evidence isn't it? 

What other criteria do you require?

It is an opinion based on the limited time I have spent watching them. I suppose time will tell, but I wonder who they will look to in the tight, hard games, as I do not see any obvious replacements for Peacock and Sinfield. 

37 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

It is an opinion based on the limited time I have spent watching them. I suppose time will tell, but I wonder who they will look to in the tight, hard games, as I do not see any obvious replacements for Peacock and Sinfield. 

Hiya EW....yes of course "time will tell" and its quite possible the Giants can win tomorrow but on all known form the Rhinos should win....

l guess we're all protective of our clubs reputation and I do try to be objective in assessing games...if you agree Sinfield and Peacock were great players for their clubs then you will probably agree they would be hard to replace?

So hopefully the Leeds team will replace those two collectively, which gradually I think they're making very good progress in comparison to some of the other teams in the competition that are regularly praised in the rugby league media.

Mrs Davy passed yesterday I understand

Brough and some of the older Giants squad members know what she did for the club and how she brought Ken into the game - she was a life long fan - I do hop Broughy keeps his head straight and we manage to put on a good show in her memory

RIP lass - thank you

First of all condolences to Mr Davy . In recent years Giants have been a bit of a bogey team to Leeds and this will be on the minds of both teams. I have a funny feeling about this game ,I think Giants will play well and it will be a hard fought game Leeds 22 Giants 18

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Would be fantastic if the Giants win as a fitting tribute for Jennifer Davy but unfortunately, I can't see it happening.

Still, EW tips them so they must be red hot favourites given his recent prowess as a tipster.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

17 hours ago, Kris said:

Mrs Davy passed yesterday I understand

Brough and some of the older Giants squad members know what she did for the club and how she brought Ken into the game - she was a life long fan - I do hop Broughy keeps his head straight and we manage to put on a good show in her memory

RIP lass - thank you

A sad day for Fartown, She was the Fan, and the amount of time and money KD has put in is testament to his regard for his lady. RIP Mrs D

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Dear me, I'm sorry but looking at the Huddersfield attack, not being able to score in a brothel springs to mind.

Leeds, on the other hand make it look easy although on the back of what looked a harsh call against McGilveray.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

So now Huddersfield make me eat my words and score off the free play.

6-6.

Jeez, I'm fed up of Kendal's whistle.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Jeez, I'm fed up of Kendal's whistle.

Not 'arf.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived