Scotland v Ireland v Wales: The Celtic Cup

This weekend in Stirling, Scotland current Celtic Cup holders Wales take on Scotland and Ireland in a bid to retain the wheelchair rugby league title.

All games are played in The Peak sports centre from 11:30 onwards on Saturday 29th April.

Scotland v Ireland

Ireland v Wales

Wales v Scotland.

Here are the weekends scores

Scotland 16 - 26 Ireland

Ireland 6 - 51 Wales

Wales 70 - 0 Scotland

Wales Wheelchair rugby league win the Celtic Cup for the second year running. A great display from all the Wales players - outstanding in attack and defence.  Next stop - Toulouse - for the Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Wales appear to be slightly better than the other two nations! ?

Exactly as things should be! :imsohappy:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 4/30/2017 at 7:15 PM, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Wales appear to be slightly better than the other two nations! ?

Three years ago we struggled. We couldn't beat any of the home nations. Its been a process of building the team, finding players and developing their skills. We are still some way off beating England or France but we are getting closer every time we play.

The problem for the Celtic Nations is funding - for our World Cup we are having to self-fund our trip and participation. Each member of the squad is having to find £1500, Scotland are having to do the same and Ireland won't be sending a team. Players and staff are amazingly committed to their game.

Archived