Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bearman

Come on! how come it's quiet on here ?

8 posts in this topic

We are through to our first final since Adam was a lad and it's all quiet on here.

i missed the game today  ( some people have no commitment, but in my defence I took the opportunity to get a few brownie points in the bank by taking the boss to Majorca. And it's paid off because she is letting me go to Blackpool for the final. I know, I know...am I man or mouse? I'll squeak up if she lets me!)

So, having missed the game how did it go? On another thread I predicted Barrow by 50+ so I was only 1 out.

I think it's all a distraction but it promises

1)  a good day out.

2) a big payday 

3) some silverware 

whats not to like?

As they say a game of two halves, loads of mistakes in the first half, none In the second, role on the final.

Can't take anything away from the lads - it was a fine performance overall. I think the game of two halves comes from the strength in the forwards. After a time the battering of Joe bullock and Brad Brennan starts to take its tole  on the opposition defence.

Bad points - we were missing a spark from stand off and after scoring a try in the first half with one minute to go why did we throw the ball around in our own 25 and let them capitalise on a handling error.

Good points - who can argue with 60 points and we're through to a final. Also Jarrod Stack continues to impress - a good second row who runs and tackles but also has real ball skills.

Well done Barrow

1 person likes this

Difficult to disagree with previous comments, in the first half we were pretty average, too many mistakes which gave Oxford the opportunity to score, a bit more concentration and we could have nilled another team.

The second half we woke up and our superior fitness and the efforts of our dominant pack took its toll on Oxford at which point the flood gates opened on we looked like we score every time we had the ball.  Bullock, Brennan and Stack were outstanding, Stack for me being mom. 

On a negative we did look a bit disjointed without Dallimore's influence and game management, a lot of our kicking game was poor, yesterday proved just what he does for the Raiders and the sooner he is back the better. 

It's been a long time coming but let's enjoy fish and chips on Blackpool prom, oh and don't forget the final.

Poor 1st half much improved 2nd half..........once again Stack was superb Walker is a powerhouse, Brennan is a handful and Bullock is well Bullock.....

whats the score with tickets for the final? Do you have to buy tickets for the full saturday ?

We kick off at noon dont we?

I was amazed that yesterday there wasn't one message on here. I thought that perhaps I'd imagined that there were 962 at CP.

I agree with these messages that it was a game of 2 halves. I thought that compared with the way Barrow can play they were very poor in the first half and really missed Dally and his link with Charnock. Mind you I thought Oxford were a useful workmanlike side in defence and attack until shortly after the 2nd half started. There really was only one winner and Oxford come to us again in July.

3 consecutive games now with 50+ points.

Congrats on making final , our second time in blackpool final , great day out , see you all there good luck

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, swann5 said:

Congrats on making final , our second time in blackpool final , great day out , see you all there good luck

i hope its 3rd time lucky for you😉

1 person likes this