England v samoa

Anita Bath

Big league, the NRL weekly magazine, have tipped Samoa to win.

I do hope they are wrong!!!

Any Nets fans planning on going to the World Cup?. I am hoping to be at the semis and final in brisbane since that overlaps with the Gabba Ashes test.

I thought England played very well against a potentially very powerful Samoan side. Not only that,the crowd were very vocal for the Polynesians,though the atmosphere was always very friendly as these people always are. Not only did England win,they kept Samoa to nil in the first half and though Samoa scored just after half time to a very dubious scrambled try,the boys in white didn`t panic and controlled the rest of the game,scoring two late tries which was no more than they deserved for a comfortable 30-10 victory. So for all the criticism of this one off game,ten players travelling to the other side of the world,I think it was well worth it. Hodgson,Whitehead,Sam Burgess and O`Loughlin all outstanding against a huge Samoan pack and Wayne Bennett as usual pulled the rabbit from the hat,as he generally does,no problems about his ability to get players up for the one off game.

Archived