Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raiderrr

South Wales

9 posts in this topic

Another strong performance yesterday from the lads with our match fitness and size of our pack seeming to be the deciding factor again. Also happy to see Ashall and Morrow back and they'll only get better as their match fitness returns to its max. Gonna be tough to pick a 17 with these returning and others in the coming weeks (a good headache to have). With some big games coming up our strength in depth is really coming to the fore with the likes of tom Loxam and Ryan Johnstone getting gametime and delivering the goods. 

Roll on Keighley....

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That's a pretty good description of last nights performance,  I thought in the 2nd half we "put the cue on the rack" and allowed S Wales to score, we have to be ruthless.  Yesterday Toronto beat Oxford 62-12, a similar score to ours and as the season draws to a close points difference may be important, I'm starting to believe we have a team capable of upsetting the RFL and beating TWP but we have to play for the full 80mins        

Edited by SJD

41 minutes ago, SJD said:

That's a pretty description of last nights performance,  I thought in the 2nd half we "put the cue on the rack" and allowed S Wales to score, we have to be ruthless.  Yesterday Toronto beat Oxford 62-12, a similar score to ours and as the season draws to a close points difference may be important, I'm starting to believe we have a team capable of upsetting the RFL and beating TWP but we have to play for the full 80mins        

Watched the TWP v Oxford game last night. Oxford had a weakened team and had to take several academy players, as first choice players couldn’t get time off. TWP weren’t pretty to watch. Sly elbows and fists going in. Tried bullying Oxford. Several fights broke out including a full scale brawl. Typical Paul Rowley side really.

Praise to Oxford who stuck to there task but made too many handling errors. Think the ref was a tad home favourite as well.

Certainly beatable if we stay away from the other stuff and concentrate on playing our rugby.

1 person likes this

Can't really complain about the performance as the lads scored 58 points. Credit to South Wales, they are not the greatest side I've seen but they put the effort in for a full 80 mins and I heard a lot of Welsh accents on the pitch, at least we've got a team in South Wales that seems mostly Welsh.

I think we've got to view Barrow's performance in the context of last night, the tough midweek match against Keighley and then Leeds next week. Cresta is clearly rotating his squad keeping people match fit but not too tired to play. If we get two victories in Yorkshire over the next few days we may look at last night's match differently.

1 person likes this

I too watched the TWP V Oxford and I think the RFL judiciary are going to be very busy in the coming weeks. 

I think at one point Toronto were down to 10 men and Oxford had 12.

Emmett had a serious rush of blood to the head whilst being yellow carded. He didn't leave the field and start fighting which resulted in other players being sin binned. It will be interesting what punishment they will receive. 

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Gaz Martin said:

I too watched the TWP V Oxford and I think the RFL judiciary are going to be very busy in the coming weeks. 

I think at one point Toronto were down to 10 men and Oxford had 12.

Emmett had a serious rush of blood to the head whilst being yellow carded. He didn't leave the field and start fighting which resulted in other players being sin binned. It will be interesting what punishment they will receive. 

Probably not a lot gaz!

Same bloke in the middle that reffed the Workington game - lost total control with some very very strange decisions for a game that should have been a formality. Kay , Emmett & Wallace will all get banned for the Barrow game 

Thought it was good that some little ones had a game at 1/2 time, great to include this sort of thing, well done for the initiative.

3 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

Same bloke in the middle that reffed the Workington game - lost total control with some very very strange decisions for a game that should have been a formality. Kay , Emmett & Wallace will all get banned for the Barrow game 

Yes it was and he didn't have too much control in either match.

I wonder if it will be formality or favouritism will decide the 3 penalised players fate? Only time will tell. I wonder with Toronto being a new developing club, if the well developed players get a caution for their conduct.

On a more positive note, fantastic result and well done Barrow rlfc on another victory. Any team in this league is a potential banana skin for Barrow so credit where credit's due.