Sign in to follow this  
750VFR

The Wolfpack

750VFR    11
It's always better chatting about something with people who don't know the facts - gossip - I think is the word.

Anyway I was wondering about the Toronto Wolfpack which seems to have a surfeit of British players, back room staff and a British base.

Companies House has two UK companies using this name, both only with a single director, Brian Noble, maybe there is a Canadian backing company, but hey, if I knew that no need for this post.

What set me thinking was the game on Saturday and the absence of MoiMoi and Bailey and a suggestion that one, maybe the former didn't have a Visa. So, here's my question, is this really a Canadian team, with a Canadian business behind it employing these players or are they employed in the UK and might it be the case for immigration reasons some players might never be able to play 'at home'?

I welcome Toronto to League 1, though I suspect they're just passing through, but are they all they say, and we think, they are?

David

georgeb1    186
19 minutes ago, 750VFR said:
It's always better chatting about something with people who don't know the facts - gossip - I think is the word.

Anyway I was wondering about the Toronto Wolfpack which seems to have a surfeit of British players, back room staff and a British base.

Companies House has two UK companies using this name, both only with a single director, Brian Noble, maybe there is a Canadian backing company, but hey, if I knew that no need for this post.

What set me thinking was the game on Saturday and the absence of MoiMoi and Bailey and a suggestion that one, maybe the former didn't have a Visa. So, here's my question, is this really a Canadian team, with a Canadian business behind it employing these players or are they employed in the UK and might it be the case for immigration reasons some players might never be able to play 'at home'?

I welcome Toronto to League 1, though I suspect they're just passing through, but are they all they say, and we think, they are?

David

Passing  through at your expense, you'll just have to scrap it through in the playoffs 

Good luck

Bearman    2,032

I was under the impression that the money behind the project was from an Australian mining syndicate. 

wonderofwood    202
22 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I was under the impression that the money behind the project was from an Australian mining syndicate. 

David Arglye's mining money funds most of it . I didn't know that Adam Fogerty sits on their board

Kayakman    476

Just start up problems...VISA problem for a Tongan is easily solved with a thing called a 'Ministers Permit' over here...has been given out for union players in the past.

Even a few short we are expecting a good thumping of you 'grave robbers' over here at the next home match.  If weather is good there will certainly be a sell out to watch the mauling.  The pack is hungry.

Looking forward to giving you fellas a nice Toronto welcome like we did with Oxford.

See you then!

• Like 1

Ellie10    1

Criminal records got anything to do with visas maybe.  Surprising how many teams will suffer I would think   

boat builder    39
9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Just start up problems...VISA problem for a Tongan is easily solved with a thing called a 'Ministers Permit' over here...has been given out for union players in the past.

Even a few short we are expecting a good thumping of you 'grave robbers' over here at the next home match.  If weather is good there will certainly be a sell out to watch the mauling.  The pack is hungry.

Looking forward to giving you fellas a nice Toronto welcome like we did with Oxford.

See you then!

Will the "nice Toronto welcome" include the unnecessary punching, elbowing, off the ball contacts and mass brawls? Or perhaps you may wish to play the noble game of Rugby League. And not your version of the "Noble" game of Rugby League. You are making few friends in the rugby family.

Edited by boat builder
  • Like 2

750VFR    11

Sounds like Visas are easy to sort but it's now May, MoiMoi (if it is him) was signed in November, way before the season start, wonder why the hold up? Someone needs to ask the Minister where the Permit is.

No answer yet to the place of employment; must be UK else how could someone not holding a Canadian Visa be employed by a Canadian company to ply their trade there.

All for expansionism but is this a British team (financed from Oz someone speculates) pretending to be Canadian, unlike the two fully French teams in our leagues?

Kayakman    476

Haven't forgotten about your visit in a week and a half.  We are hard at work preparing a proper welcome...have to greet Newcastle first this Friday (planning a warm reception for them also).  Should warn you though...the Pack is hungry and won't be taking it easy on you like we did with Oxford.

See you then! 

Bearman    2,032
7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Haven't forgotten about your visit in a week and a half.  We are hard at work preparing a proper welcome...have to greet Newcastle first this Friday (planning a warm reception for them also).  Should warn you though...the Pack is hungry and won't be taking it easy on you like we did with Oxford.

See you then! 

Are we playing you? I didn't realise.

We have a game on Wednesday then a Challenge Cup game to concentrate on this week. Oh, and of course a final in another cup competition this month.

Who do you play in the cup?

Whoops! Sorry I forgot your out of the cup already arent you.

• Like 1

Kayakman    476

As stated earlier...just a few minor startup problems.  Our players will explain it all to you when you get here (Emmett is our spokesperson).  Looking forward to introducing you to how we do things over here in the Big Smoke (Toronto).  Oh ya and by the way, make sure your lads medical insurance is up to date...never know what can happen in a strange foreign land!

Can hardly wait for your visit,

Cheerio

wonderofwood    202
16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

As stated earlier...just a few minor startup problems.  Our players will explain it all to you when you get here (Emmett is our spokesperson).  Looking forward to introducing you to how we do things over here in the Big Smoke (Toronto).  Oh ya and by the way, make sure your lads medical insurance is up to date...never know what can happen in a strange foreign land!

Cheerio

That's the spirit , I expect Emmett to be a spokesperson for four to five weeks , kept company by Wallace & Kay for a few weeks. God Help Brierley when the Bulllock runs over him, I expect him to snap in half :)

• Like 2

morty    213

wow very agressive banter from the Canadians .... must think we are defenceless seal cubs waiting on the ice flow to be callously and brutally clubbed to death for a worthless pelt

I now understand why Canadians arn't well liked around the world (and thats from personal experience of extensive travel)

• Like 1

SJD    130

Does Canadian health insurance cover the cost of getting a head from out of an a***, what an obnoxious man.

• Like 3

wonderofwood    202

Its just Canadian banter - you must embrace it and go with the flow ,  they have a reputation for turning on their pro sports teams very quickly after defeat ........... roll on the 20th May

• Like 2

Bearman    2,032
3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Cheerio

I think you will find Emmet will be suddenly struck dumb  when he sees our pack. 

We love throwing sticks and telling puppies "to go fetch"

• Like 1