Sign in to follow this  
morty

Keighley away

According to BBC we have won the match 42-58 ..... some game that must have been?

Just listened. End to end stuff and I think the medicos are going to be busy,

fantastic result though.

100 points in the game " Defence wins matches"?

Surprised the scorebook didn't blow up,good win away on a Wednesday night,did Barrow have a full strength team out.

What a cracking game, League 1 should be as competitive as this every week -  though I take nothing away from all at the Raiders so far this season.

Great game. Lots of defensive mistakes but I felt Barrow would score every time they had the ball. We were never behind but 5 minutes from half time we were wining 30-6 but let in 12 points in the last 5. Charnock scored a hat trick and loads of goals. Gate about 760. Most exciting game for a long time and I thought Keighley were probably best side we have played this season.

This unusual slugfest of a scoreline raises a couple of interesting questions:

1. Is this the most points Barrow have conceded in a game, but still managed to win?

2. Has any team ever scored 42 points in a game but still lost?

Any statisticians out there who might shed light on this?

5 hours ago, Dave W said:

This unusual slugfest of a scoreline raises a couple of interesting questions:

1. Is this the most points Barrow have conceded in a game, but still managed to win?

2. Has any team ever scored 42 points in a game but still lost?

Any statisticians out there who might shed light on this?

Think haven beat halifax 46-44 a few years ago at the shay

• Like 1

Disappointed not a mention of the magnificent support away for a midweek match from either NWEM or Cresta. Must have been 100+, with blue and white shirts all over the ground. Thankfully appreciated by the players at the end. Great atmosphere from all, just wait till Sunday with 1000+.

44 minutes ago, donald said:

Think haven beat halifax 46-44 a few years ago at the shay

Cheers for the info, Donald. I certainly can't remember Barrow ever conceding 42 points and winning, though. There was a mad game against Hunslet at Elland Rd we played (late 80's?), but think that might have been a 42-all draw or a 42-40 win.

Someone'll know I'm sure.

Edited by Dave W

42 minutes ago, Dave W said:

Cheers for the info, Donald. I certainly can't remember Barrow ever conceding 42 points and winning, though. There was a mad game against Hunslet at Elland Rd we played (late 80's?), but think that might have been a 42-all draw or a 42-40 win.

Just checked the haven fax score was 50 - 42 in 2009

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

41-40 win wasn't it? 1982/83ish?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Ashton said:

I bet Steve Andrews will know Dave.

Cheers Mike. I've emailed him ? 

If anyone will know, he will.

9/9/84 ...Ian Ball scored plenty of points ,Steve Mossop was in the team and seem to remember coming back from 40-29 with 5 or so minutes left.Played at Elland Rd with just over a 1000 ...those were the days ...I was there .

• Like 2

A tricky one for a jet lagged,very tired memory...the easy bit was Tony Dent,the try scorer,the other ...after a lot of head scratching (and page turning)...Mike Wilton from Narooma in Oz.I therefore claim the extra 10 pints...sure you meant pints ..not points.After all that Craft Ale in Toronto it will be good to get back to some decent English Ale.??

• Like 1

Very good Pete, I was going to award you the ten pints, sorry points, untill I realised you got the info from that superb publication "Keeping the Dream Alive" so Im claiming them all back!! Top marks for dogged persistance, no marks for brazen cheek!! Haha!

• Like 1

Harsh...very harsh.Ok...I admit to looking up Mike Wilton but I did remember Dent(try)... Or was it Tri-Dent.Perhaps worth 5 pints...??