Players Visas for Toronto trip

morty

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just heard this news too Richie. apparently some muppet at the club was too late in applying for the visa's (why they never applied for them for the whole squad months ago when the fixtures came out God knows!) but it looks like the biggest game of the season is gonna leave us travelling with 3 players short!!

cheers for that

14 minutes ago, walneyboy said:

I've just heard this news too Richie. apparently some muppet at the club was too late in applying for the visa's (why they never applied for them for the whole squad months ago when the fixtures came out God knows!) but it looks like the biggest game of the season is gonna leave us travelling with 3 players short!!

cheers for that

The "muppet" is a volunteer that has spent hours and hours of his spare time trying to sort out problems that have been thrown up at the last minute because the Canadians have just asked for further information at the last minute.

Oxford had the same issues and we at Coventry are hoping to use the experiences of Oxford and Barrow and we are lucky because both of those clubs are happy to share their experience with us so we can try and forestall those probems.

We were promised that visas would not be an issue and now they are and Toronto will havean unfair advantagebecause of it.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 minutes ago, walneyboy said:

I couldnt care less whether hes a volunteer or not, if he can't do the job he shouldnt volunteer.

As I said earlier why wasn't this sorted months ago instead of waiting till the last minute??  

An  absolute joke!

bit strong that mate maybe you would like to have a go?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

11 minutes ago, walneyboy said:

I couldnt care less whether hes a volunteer or not, if he can't do the job he shouldnt volunteer.

As I said earlier why wasn't this sorted months ago instead of waiting till the last minute??  

An  absolute joke!

you really should read bearmans response before commenting further

2 minutes ago, walneyboy said:

An  absolute joke!

Because its only in the last few days they were asked the questions! Oxford were also asked for info just before they travelled.

Barrow didnt know any details of the trip until Monday.

Its the Canadians who are making these LATE requests. Thats why we in Coventry are trying to piggyback off Oxford and Barrows experiences to forestall the flurry of late questions that look like coming inthe week prior to us travelling.

As for he shouldnt have volunteered for a job he couldnt do, how was he supposed to know what it entailed? No one could have guessed last season that this would happen this season as Toronto were not on the radar.

future requests for volunteers should add the rider "crystal balls requred"

Ron Banks

Shouldn't the governing body of this great game got all the clubs together prior to sanctioning a  team from Canada and given the clubs administration support to make sure these things go as smoothly as possible instead of relying on volunteers to second guess something which is alien to them .

2 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

Shouldn't the governing body of this great game got all the clubs together prior to sanctioning a  team from Canada and given the clubs administration support to make sure these things go as smoothly as possible instead of relying on volunteers to second guess something which is alien to them .

Toulouse did and thats what we expected this time

Ron Banks

Just now, Bearman said:

Toulouse did and thats what we expected this time

I'm bloody boiling Bearman. The ineptitude of our governing body for not sorting all this out on behalf of our lower league clubs who are a stepping stone for something that could be really special in Toronto. They talk about growing our great game but then haven't the nous to see the impact on resource it could have on clubs run on a shoe string. I will repeat myself for the sake of it . If I was running a champ one club I would sacrifice the points on the basis of not being able to raise a team

7 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

I'm bloody boiling Bearman. The ineptitude of our governing body for not sorting all this out on behalf of our lower league clubs who are a stepping stone for something that could be really special in Toronto. They talk about growing our great game but then haven't the nous to see the impact on resource it could have on clubs run on a shoe string. I will repeat myself for the sake of it . If I was running a champ one club I would sacrifice the points on the basis of not being able to raise a team

good shout then we can concentrate on the cup final

2 minutes ago, scrumhalf said:

good shout then we can concentrate on the cup final

Exactly ... There are going to be some disappointed players tonight who cant travel to Toronto due to Visa restrictions . These guys should rest up and not let it play on their minds . Its such a pity the Toronto public aren't going to see the best of Barrow on Saturday and I hope the coach makes this point on Premier Sports on Saturday night  

Just now, wonderofwood said:

Exactly ... There are going to be some disappointed players tonight who cant travel to Toronto due to Visa restrictions . These guys should rest up and not let it play on their minds . Its such a pity the Toronto public aren't going to see the best of Barrow on Saturday and I hope the coach makes this point on Premier Sports on Saturday night  

Don' worry...everyone will be so drunk they won't know the difference.  Plus if I've got this right (please excuse my ignorance) but no matter the result we will probably be plying Barrow again?

Sorry for the start up problems and hiccups on this end...we are trying our best.

Hey Bearman...did you ever find out what problem Oxford had with their digs over here...do you know what happened anyone?

Hope we don't have a repeat.

Looking forward to a great game playing Barrow.  Welcome to Canada!

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Don' worry...everyone will be so drunk they won't know the difference.  Plus if I've got this right (please excuse my ignorance) but no matter the result we will probably be plying Barrow again?

Sorry for the start up problems and hiccups on this end...we are trying our best.

Hey Bearman...did you ever find out what problem Oxford had with their digs over here...do you know what happened anyone?

Hope we don't have a repeat.

Looking forward to a great game playing Barrow.  Welcome to Canada!

Hi Pal , nobody expects to beat Toronto this year , they are a far superior team , but they do want to put on a show for the paying public. Unfortunately due to the misguidance of our governing body the Toronto public and TV cameras will witness another landslide on Saturday due to players of a small squad being unable to travel. This does very little for the game as a whole and i'm sure Mr Creary will let everyone know. On the positive side . Barrow will have four fresh players for the cup final . Lets hope it gets sorted before the competition goes into the eights , some teams could have less than two weesk to sort all this out when the next round of fixtures get arranged . Is there a cost to Visa's? Hope Town are getting theirs sorted now 

Just now, wonderofwood said:

Hi Pal , nobody expects to beat Toronto this year , they are a far superior team , but they do want to put on a show for the paying public. Unfortunately due to the misguidance of our governing body the Toronto public and TV cameras will witness another landslide on Saturday due to players of a small squad being unable to travel. This does very little for the game as a whole and i'm sure Mr Creary will let everyone know. On the positive side . Barrow will have four fresh players for the cup final . Lets hope it gets sorted before the competition goes into the eights , some teams could have less than two weesk to sort all this out when the next round of fixtures get arranged . Is there a cost to Visa's? Hope Town are getting theirs sorted now 

Thanks for the info wonderofwood...I know your boys will rise to the occasion, they will play larger on the field than they are, they will never give up, they will NEVER surrender!  The roar of the crowd will invigorate them to play the best they have ever played.  They will do you proud!

Best of Luck to Barrow!

On a different note I  enjoyed your comment on the Warrington Wolves post.  You made me change my mind.

!cid__15c178fc1d7428e2b231_.jpg

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Thanks for the info wonderofwood...I know your boys will rise to the occasion, they will play larger on the field than they are, they will never give up, they will NEVER surrender!  The roar of the crowd will invigorate them to play the best they have ever played.  They will do you proud!

Best of Luck to Barrow!

On a different note I  enjoyed your comment on the Warrington Wolves post.  You made me change my mind.

!cid__15c178fc1d7428e2b231_.jpg

I hope Barrow do well and give you guys some sort of game for the sake of your massive support , however I'm more looking forward to you guys visiting Derwent Park , we will make your guys get changed in the car park and sit through a full 30 minutes of Cider Pete siging TOWN TOWN TOWN in their ears .:)

In fact you came there last year under your previous known name " Leigh" and we didn't do so bad with a team of 14 and 10 fit players 

and they will get the chance to revel at our electronic scoreboard 

I'm sure I heard this somewhere, or I might have made it up.  In recent weeks several members of the Toronto coaching staff have been spotted spying on Barrow and picking out our most effective players, then they go back to Canada, send a list of names to the border control and low and behold "sorry no visa for you my lad".

Never mind we may be able to put on a better show in the return fixture at Craven Park, oh wait a minute there isn't one.  The BBC's Panorama will investigate and expose this dark conspiracy.

18 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

British passport holders don't need a visa to visit Canada,you only need a ETA.

Fans don't but players will need a working visa apparently.

24 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

Dan Toal, Martin Aspinwall, Danny Morrow can't go apparantly.

And yet Ryan Bailey can play for Toronto despite having spent time at Her Majesty's Pleasure !

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Just now, Derwent said:

And yet Ryan Bailey can play for Toronto despite having spent time at Her Majesty's Pleasure !

It was all just a minor misunderstanding with Bailey...that is why he has been placed in an 'Alternative Measures Program' in Canada for awhile to straighten himself out.  Seems to be working!

Hey look...we have another student in the 'Alternative Measures Program' over here...Hello Fui Fui and welcome to Toronto (Eel fans will understand).

17 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

Dallimore turned away at the airport apparantly. FFS.

You should refuse to play and return home under protest, it's making a mockery of the league and handing it to Toronto on a plate.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived