Numbers for Samoa v England

Would still love to know the answer to this, my gut feel would be that if it had been good they'd have shouted it from the rooftops.  

League Express? RLW? Any chance of finding out?

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 hour ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Would still love to know the answer to this, my gut feel would be that if it had been good they'd have shouted it from the rooftops.  

League Express? RLW? Any chance of finding out?

We've asked multiple times.

Maybe they were lower than expected.

Unless someone from the RFL leaves and lets us know, we have no chance in a very guarded operation.

Rugby League World writer

Twitter: @a_hope14
Mobile: iPhone 3

13 minutes ago, Ash Hope said:

Unless someone from the RFL leaves and lets us know, we have no chance in a very guarded operation.

When numbers are not published it usually means they were particularly poor and best not discussed.

How many Australians could watch the Game that do not subscribe to Foxtel pay TV (about 10 % of the population)

I downgrade my guess to 350, about 30% from this forum and a few from the other place.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

31 minutes ago, Allora said:

When numbers are not published it usually means they were particularly poor and best not discussed.

How many Australians could watch the Game that do not subscribe to Foxtel pay TV (about 10 % of the population)

I downgrade my guess to 350, about 30% from this forum and a few from the other place.

It probably did a few thousand (maybe 5-7000). While that would be okay for a bog standard stream, publishing this would just blow the debate right up again. It is pathetic for an England international and the RFL know they would have got maybe 500k+ views even streaming it free on Facebook. I paid and I watched and enjoyed the game - however, it needs to move on. This sorry episode needs to disappear and never be repeated.

Gavin Willacy has the answer - my bold

“For commercial reasons we will not release exact viewing figures,” said an RFL statement. “But what we can say is that there is clearly a strong market for rugby league and thousands of fans logged in to watch the game.”

It was apparently in five-figures but it would have been seven on the BBC. High-flying Cas star Mike McMeeken made his England debut, and only a few diehards saw it. He deserves more than that

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/no-helmets-required/2017/may/16/rugby-league-players-bbc-coverage-tv

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

3 hours ago, Ash Hope said:

Thanks for the reply, the fact they won't answer you speaks volumes! Great to know you've been trying though ?

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Archived