Sign in to follow this  
Lowdesert

Clubs begging loan players from Hull FC

Lowdesert    730

Lee Radford statement that he is turning down loan requests from Clubs who have injury crisis.  No Clubs mentioned.

Is this state of affairs the result of a compressed league fixture programme or are greedy Clubs    parasites of the system.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/lee-radford-admits-hull-fc-turned-down-loan-requests/story-30343110-detail/story.html

Edited by Lowdesert

Old Frightful    3,104

Well, if you look at the Dean Hadley situation, we sent him on loan to Wakey shortly before having an "unavailability crisis" in the forwards during those two heavy home defeats v Salford and L**ds, so other clubs must think we're mugs.

No wonder we're being asked if anyone's available. I'm surprised Wakey haven't asked if we've any other forwards available now Hadley's sidelined with a broken jaw. :rolleyes:

Rioman    27
43 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Well, if you look at the Dean Hadley situation, we sent him on loan to Wakey shortly before having an "unavailability crisis" in the forwards during those two heavy home defeats v Salford and L**ds, so other clubs must think we're mugs.

No wonder we're being asked if anyone's available. I'm surprised Wakey haven't asked if we've any other forwards available now Hadley's sidelined with a broken jaw. :rolleyes:

Yet Hull extended his loan twice  ?????

yipyee    374
2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Lee Radford statement that he is turning down loan requests from Clubs who have injury crisis.  No Clubs mentioned.

Is this state of affairs the result of a compressed league fixture programme or are greedy Clubs    parasites of the system.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/lee-radford-admits-hull-fc-turned-down-loan-requests/story-30343110-detail/story.html

Is it Bradford?

I would say it's a result of a League1 club signing 24 SL / championship quality players leaving a player shortage....

paulwalker71    447
34 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Is it Bradford?

I wouldn't be surprised. In fact I'd be disappointed if we weren't asking for players, given that we are stranded at the bottom of the Championship and struggling to put out a competitive side over the past few matches.

Old Frightful    3,104
3 hours ago, Rioman said:

Yet Hull extended his loan twice  ?????

Absolutely, I'm not knocking Wakey, just Hul FC.

Lowdesert    730
10 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I wouldn't be surprised. In fact I'd be disappointed if we weren't asking for players, given that we are stranded at the bottom of the Championship and struggling to put out a competitive side over the past few matches.

It could be.  Bradfords situation is different.  Others have snapped up some of their 1st and academy teams.

Radford says 'lots'  so I am presuming there are SL clubs as well.  Those with injuries, without reserves and/or Academy.  Some Clubs can plan for injuries, but only what their budget allows.  Others seem to have the  'do it on the cheap' plan to have no plan and pocket the brass.

ELBOWSEYE    130

Always thought the need to loan players should not an option for the top tier teams, if they have reserves and academy teams that should give them enough depth. I know Warrington has never loaned in players but have loaned out in the last ten years . The other clubs who follow the same policy are few and far. 

Lowdesert    730
7 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Always thought the need to loan players should not an option for the top tier teams, if they have reserves and academy teams that should give them enough depth. I know Warrington has never loaned in players but have loaned out in the last ten years . The other clubs who follow the same policy are few and far. 

They have the option, as it can alleviate their wage bill for the loan period, or they can stick and carry on paying.  IMO thus shows some Clubs are planning their way to, hopefully, a successful season, others are just cost cutting and relying on those with the ability to plan better.

Cas appear to have been relatively injury free. Salford are on a roll.  Hull, Leeds, Wigan, Wire, Catalans (not sure with Wakey) all seem to look after their own, so I'm presuming Leigh/Widnes/Bradford and maybe Saints making the phone calls.

fairfolly    91

I think Bradford should be asking if they can borrow Radford as coach. Saints have taken 2 weeks to get their Aussie coach,Bradford have taken nigh on four months and still have not got theirs.

• Like 1