Evander holyfield

An absolute legend . Dominant cruiser weight then steps up to heavy and takes on and bests huge guys with heart , grit , stamina and skill . Tyson was a bully and Evander was basically the first guy to stand up to him and give it back to the bully ... id always have him higher on my list 

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

He made his name as a Cruiserweight, so was never one of the really big Heavyweights when he moved up to that division. Some of his contemporaries (Bowe, Lewis) fought at Super Heavyweight when they were amateurs, so they really were giants.

Exactly. He looked really small when coming up against Bowe and Lewis but like the true warrior he was never got intimidated or took a backward step.

23 minutes ago, DavidM said:

An absolute legend . Dominant cruiser weight then steps up to heavy and takes on and bests huge guys with heart , grit , stamina and skill . Tyson was a bully and Evander was basically the first guy to stand up to him and give it back to the bully ... id always have him higher on my list 

Round 10 of Holyfield v Bowe 1 best captures what evander Holyfield was all about. An absolute warrior and my favourite heavyweight boxer.

Archived