Great win tonight

DEANO

8 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

Following events from abroad, a big well done to all. If it looked definite that Lancaster would have reached that kick why no penalty try?

No guarantee that he would have caught and grounded it i suppose. But it was so cynical and reckless that it was worthy of a red. What was more shocking though was how that first try was given. Clearly bounced it. Even the Thunder fans round us couldn't understand how it was given. 

That was a very important win, it showed York can win tough and puts them in a great position to cement a place in the playoffs. I've never understood the aggressive way of playing though, it only gets you so far. Had Newcastle played the game, they could have got something out of it.

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Newcastle have sacked their coach after being beaten by the Knights, that follows Doncaster sacking their coach after the Knights beat them.

I Don't think that there is any shame in losing to a talented Knights team.

13 hours ago, paul said:

Can we now think we can finish in the top 4.which would be a great achievement were we started ?

I think we'll finish in the top 3.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

13 hours ago, jayemm said:

I Don't think that there is any shame in losing to a talented Knights team.

Don't think it was losing to the Knights that did for Mantelli - six losses on the bounce maybe did !

Top 8  would be good any higher a bonus , don't think we need to rush the future ,having said that the way we are improving we may just grab the chance of promotion in the playoffs .

Lets carry on enjoying what is being served up.

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Top 8  would be good any higher a bonus , don't think we need to rush the future ,having said that the way we are improving we may just grab the chance of promotion in the playoffs .

Lets carry on enjoying what is being served up.

Fully agree, it would be nice to see York achieve top 3 but just finishing in the playoffs would be an achievement. Next month will tell us a bit more about the team, especially the away games at Hunslet and Keighley.

However I've not been impressed with teams tipped to finish above York - Doncaster, Newcastle etc, even Barrow looked beatable. Aside from Toronto, York should go into every match believing they can win especially the home matches when hopefully crowds will improve even more.

10 hours ago, andyacko said:

Don't think it was losing to the Knights that did for Mantelli - six losses on the bounce maybe did !

I agree with what you said Andy, but why wait till the Knights beat them? Was this a game that they expected to win? 

Archived