Sign in to follow this  
Therein73

Six out of ten ????

Starting with next Sunday, we could realistically achieve six wins from our next ten games -- and that would take us in to the 8's with a fighting chance of avoiding the drop.

Maybe it's not all over bar the shouting just yet :clapping: UTR  !!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Starting with next Sunday, we could realistically achieve six wins from our next ten games -- and that would take us in to the 8's with a fighting chance of avoiding the drop.

Maybe it's not all over bar the shouting just yet :clapping: UTR  !!!

Have you seen our previous 13 league games?!!! People have been sectioned for less strange voices in their head - but, OK, I'll join you in hoping for 5 wins from 10 (- Oldham, Rochdale, Swinton and Batley x2) ...plus a draw

Our season starts next week against Batley. Take each game as they come. But we need all the players to be of the same mindset,which I don't think they are tbh.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Our season starts next week against Batley. Take each game as they come. But we need all the players to be of the same mindset,which I don't think they are tbh.

Brambani git sent off today so will be missing next week. This will imorove our chances slightly.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Brambani git sent off today so will be missing next week. This will imorove our chances slightly.

I don't like Brambani much either BSJ ,but calling him a git is a bit below the belt.

• Like 4

It should be the way they turned over Oldham who beat us just a couple of weeks ago is hardly filling me with confidence...

Won't the disciplinary hearing be held a week on Tuesday for Championship offences?

also, from reports, his language was directed at one of his own team not at the officials, so might well be another not guilty plea entered.

Nah they've picked me to replace him and I'm ? but we'll still win. In fact I'm that confident I'm not even going to turn up!

• Like 1

On 21/05/2017 at 3:42 PM, XIII Ram said:

Have you seen our previous 13 league games?!!! People have been sectioned for less strange voices in their head - but, OK, I'll join you in hoping for 5 wins from 10 (- Oldham, Rochdale, Swinton and Batley x2) ...plus a draw

Better than either of us hoped for............Thank God for  Neil Kelly..............or should it be the other way round ??????

Reckon we'll have players queuing up to join us for 2018.............. There'll be a lot more winning pay next year !!!!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Better than either of us hoped for............Thank God for  Neil Kelly..............or should it be the other way round ??????

Reckon we'll have players queuing up to join us for 2018.............. There'll be a lot more winning pay next year !!!!!

Ha! ...you certainly deserve credit for the optimism/vision that you showed back in May ....and Kelly deserves immense credit for not only turning the club around, but creating in a short space of time a new team that not only competes but also plays attractive winning rugby - I really didn't believe that would be possible. I enjoyed Sunday's game v Sheffield massively for just the feeling throughout that we had a chance to win. Rams are by no means the finished article, but Sundays are now so much more enjoyable.

....now, if Kelly could just get Sykes to keep his gob shut .... 

Edited by XIII Ram
  • Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, Therein73 said:

Just let's hope we have 200+ more Season Ticket Sales, 200+ more Squadbuilder Members and 200+ more people paying at the gate for Home Games to pay for it.  The funding for all clubs is now moving to an even more strict criteria based on Generated Income and Salary Caps will be more closely monitored than ever before.  This has already started for the 2018 Playing Budgets currently being approved.

The squad of Players that we would all like to see for next Season will cost a lot more money than we can spend on our current Income levels especially when our neighbours from the Calder Valley start splashing the Top 4 money (I believe that they have already started).  No doubt MS will be outlining all the supporter-base income areas that we need to improve in order to achieve our aims for 2018 at a post-season Forum.

Just as a note - approximately 30 people took away Squadbuilder Membership forms from the last Forum, but there has been no increase in Membership.  If you really all want to back Neil - then commit now and give him the playing resources!  His 2018 list is  not be beyond our means by my calculations if all our 700 Supporter base commit just an extra £1.25 more per week each.

Hopefully, some good news on the playing front from the Club before the next round of fixtures will help kick this Financial push into action.....................;).

Edited by Wilsden Ram
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wilsden Ram said:

Just let's hope we have 200+ more Season Ticket Sales, 200+ more Squadbuilder Members and 200+ more people paying at the gate for Home Games to pay for it.  The funding for all clubs is now moving to an even more strict criteria based on Generated Income and Salary Caps will be more closely monitored than ever before.  This has already started for the 2018 Playing Budgets currently being approved.

The squad of Players that we would all like to see for next Season will cost a lot more money than we can spend on our current Income levels especially when our neighbours from the Calder Valley start splashing the Top 4 money (I believe that they have already started).  No doubt MS will be outlining all the supporter-base income areas that we need to improve in order to achieve our aims for 2018 at a post-season Forum.

Just as a note - approximately 30 people took away Squadbuilder Membership forms from the last Forum, but there has been no increase in Membership.  If you really all want to back Neil - then commit now and give him the playing resources!  His 2018 list is  not be beyond our means by my calculations if all our 700 Supporter base commit just an extra £1.25 more per week each.

Hopefully, some good news on the playing front from the Club before the next round of fixtures will help kick this Financial push into action.....................;).

I agree with this entirely. In the past fans have been clamouring for the club to spend more, make more merchandise available etc. Changes have been made which must have cost some money and it is now time for us to do our bit too.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Blind side johnny
sp.

I am hoping to up my  squadbuilder subscription for next season, but of course there is no easy way of just topping up your existing one. I believe I will have to cancel the whole lot and start again. Of course when the war chest is up and running, I'll just be able to drop my spare cash in there. :rolleyes:

The good news I would like to hear ...... Moore and Sykes contracted for next season!!  Now that I am sure would give us all a lift!!  

2 hours ago, Wilsden Ram said:

Yeah, but if we can hang onto Gaz, we won't need Thurston.

3 hours ago, Rambo said:

How are the 5-aside and 4g pitches working out? Looked busy last Saturday.

Plenty of bookings for the winter period from 1st September when the underfoot conditions and lighting become an important factor.

As the new RFL funding and income conditions become more stringent, a full year's trading will be needed to prove actual Income Streams so at present the 2018 net income figure (Revenue minus equipment and staffing costs) needs to be a very cautious estimate.

2 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

The good news I would like to hear ...... Moore and Sykes contracted for next season!!  Now that I am sure would give us all a lift!!  

If all my suggestions above become reality then there might be a chance, but people need to commit now to keep away the predators!  Give the Club the Financial Lift so it can provide the news you want.

Pledge a £10 deposit for a 2018 Season Ticket to show intent and join the Squadbuilder this week!

when the Shield fixtures are announced, can the club put details on here of what Hospitality boxes are available for which games ???? ...... squadbuilder will be done tomorrow, and as soon as we are mathematically safe from relegation i will pledge to buy 2 season tickets next year (unless squad builder at an extra tenner per month would be better ????) but only use one..........

I was massively fed up with the last two years' of Morrison's tenure -- now i'm like a kid again and can't wait for match day ...well done EVERYONE connected with this amazing turn around..... ;)

• Like 6

On 25/07/2017 at 10:08 AM, the old nine ole said:

3 clubs trying to sign him but looks like Rams have come up with the goods ;)

8 minutes ago, Deano44 said:

Three clubs after Sykes? I am surprised.

13 minutes ago, Deano44 said:

lets hope so .... If there is one lesson to learn...   You can have a good squad but it will never reach its potential if you don't have a good scrum half!!   .......  I think we have learned the hard way!! ..... without Moores contribution relegation would have been a certainty, and thats not diminishing NKs contribution .....  

Edited by the old nine ole

8 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Does anyone know if Ned works full time at the club or does he have a job away from the game?

Up until this month he was a history teacher working on supply.

When he played for us he was a brickies' labourer.

Times change.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Up until this month he was a history teacher working on supply.

When he played for us he was a brickies' labourer.

Times change.

And when bsj first started to support Dewsbury he was a mere apprentice to Fred flintstone in the quarry...and now super retired rocket scientist to the jetsons 

How times change ;):)

• Like 1