Third League 1 head coach sacked in a fortnight

1 minute ago, DEANO said:

You don't want to play york. 2 of the above were sacked immediately after losing to the Knights ?

How is the vibe at York Deano? You were going well and pulling in a few before it started to go sour last year. Have the fans stuck with it? Optimism for the future?

After recruiting a team in December picking players that were left over from other clubs we thought we were in for a long season. But the mostly young lads are starting to gel. Need to be a bit more consistent beating the likes of Rochdale Doncaster and Newcastle but losing to oxford and the cru twice. Attendances are double previous seasons and the feel good factor is back. Competitive this season but mostly looking forward to next season

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

To be fair, I think Newcastle have underachieved this year. That said, the 3 sackings just show how much more competitive this much maligned league is becoming..........no longer as many gimmes

Just looking at the table only 3 points between 5th and 11th. Great for the competition and the split this year is far from predictable.

11 hours ago, newbe said:

Heard university is pulling the plug on All Golds at the end of the season, any truth in this?

Here he goes!

Just like you heard their chairman had left and that the University weren't happy with them... funny smell around here all of a suden!

I appreciated that the UGAG is a very different model to probably every club so it's not easy to understand what's in it for the uni. However Hartpury, Loughborough and Cardiff all do simlar in RU.

I wonder why they all do it... oh no wait I actually watch the news and the subject of tuition fees is fairly popular.

So say the UGAG squad has around 10 students in it.

10x £9000+ Plus all the lads who go there who don't get in the pro squad that sounds like a good business model to me!

Could be the only club who make a tidy profit?!

They won't be getting 9k out of many of their players as they offer scholarships.

http://allgoldsrugby.com/all-golds-to-offer-university-scholarship-packages-alongside-first-team-contracts-for-prospective-professional-rugby-league-players/

The flip side is a full scholarship would be very valuable to most players and it seems unlikely they would have to pay out too much as wages on top of a full scholarship.

I was talking to a Championship 1 team owner recently. They certainly didn't seem to be aware of imminent issue at All Golds.

The All Golds are a breath of fresh air.

Unlike Hemel and Oxford they aren't training up north and bussing in players from Castleford and Dewsbury.

12 of the 19 players named in their squad last weekend live in the south -  Gloucestershire, south Wales, Plymouth and London.

They don't use dual registration yet have already beat the likes of Keighley, Workington and Crusaders (twice) this season.

3 hours ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

They won't be getting 9k out of many of their players as they offer scholarships.

http://allgoldsrugby.com/all-golds-to-offer-university-scholarship-packages-alongside-first-team-contracts-for-prospective-professional-rugby-league-players/

The flip side is a full scholarship would be very valuable to most players and it seems unlikely they would have to pay out too much as wages on top of a full scholarship.

I was talking to a Championship 1 team owner recently. They certainly didn't seem to be aware of imminent issue at All Golds.

I doubt there giving full scholarships if so it surly can't be to everyone. Even if they are I suppose it could essentially miniamise the wage bill, which is the biggest issue in terms of cash flow. Take my beloved NWC last season having to cut there payers wages when we were in trouble. 

plus now Uni`s have no cap on student numbers its not costing much to actually have them there and id imagine they have to pay for there own accommodation at the halls etc... 

Archived