27 May: League 1 Cup Final: Barrow Raiders v North Wales Crusaders KO 12 noon

Cru are playing us at the right time .... if they play well and we underperform ...for whatever reason... they could win this !!!

Hopefully Cresta will have the boys back up for this but who knows ????

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

I hope for a Crusaders victory with all me heart and I was very encouraged by the victory over Skolars last week, but I think Barrow are much the better side on paper and they will react to the bitter disappointment of last weekend in Toronto. I think Crusaders will make a real game of it but if Barrow play to their potential they will lift the trophy. One thing I am 100% certain of is that the two sets of supporters, being amongst the most loyal and friendliest in RL, will make it a great occasion and enjoy themselves regardless of the result.

should be a great atmosphere as there are quite a few going from Barrow

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Two coach's going from Wrexham plus quite a few in cars. Some will be staying over. I know at least a couple who are getting the train and I will be driving from Salford, unless I decide to have a few beers and stay all day, in which case I will get the train.

Cannot wait for Saterday, will be a tough game but Cru seen to raise there game for finals, 

pity sky don,t seem to think it is worth showing the game live the Swinton game 2 years ago was belter of a game.

Obviously want Cru to win, although Barrow are clear favourites.

I can't make the game tomorrow, but as Celtic Rooster has already said, the two sets of fans are amongst the most loyal and friendly in the game, and both clubs will be a credit to League 1.

No matter which team you are supporting tomorrow, have a safe and enjoyable day.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

I was on a cycling holiday in Scotland and wasn't going - unfortunately my cycling buddy has had a knee problem and can't ride (perhaps I shouldn't have kicked him that hard!!) - so now I'm able to go, I've got a ticket (thank you Facebook) and I'll be in the stands with the Cru faithful.

Like most Cru fans we go in hope rather than expectation - but they played really well against Skolars, so you never know.

Looking forward to seeing our friends from Barrow, have a safe journey and we'll catch you for a few beers after the game.

7 hours ago, BringbackGB said:

Family work commitments prevent me attending, great shame that Sky can't show the game with the rest of the Summer Bash fixtures. Will try and follow the game via Cru twitter feed if games not on the radio.

Its on BBC Radio Cumbria.

Here is a link to take you there

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/bbcradiocumbria

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Result: Barrow 38-32 Crusaders.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Sounds like an absolute belter of a game.

Why it's not on TV when the Sky cameras are sitting there anyway is a mystery that I'd like someone to explain...

Exactly, least they could do is stream it 

What a contrast, Barrow v Cru in a heatwave then the last game Bulls v HKR absolutely freezing. The best two games of the afternoonn.

Credit to Cru, they were excellent and really tested Barrow. I must admit at one point I could see the Raiders losing bur despite the gruelling schedule tbey have had they dug in and showed their mettle.

This was my first Summer Bash but it won't be my last. I've had 4 taxis today and every driver has known whats going on with the teams and RL in general. By luck or by chance I have just eaten in the same Wetherspoons as a group of the match officials and supporters of competing teams and even tbere the stmosphere was great.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived