NEWS | Hall gives head coach update

Dons News

Chief executive Carl Hall has given the Dons fans an update on the club’s current search for a new head coach.

The Dons have been without a permanent man in charge since the departure of Gary Thornton earlier this month, and Hall believes they will appoint the right man to take the club forward.

“We’ve had some strong candidates apply for the role, which will be assessed by myself and a couple of other senior members of staff as one of us may spot something different to the others,” he said.

“It’s important that enough time is taken to get the right man, I’m trying to get second opinions on some of the candidates from the people that I respect within the game.

“It’s not something we have a lot of experience in, we’ve only had three coaches in 10 years now so we need to do what is right for the club, and hopefully get someone who can take us to the next level.”

Interim coaches Pete Green and Rhys Lovegrove have overseen back to back wins since taking over, and Hall praised the work the pair have done so far.

“Since the change in management we’ve managed to battle our way to two victories which has been very pleasing, it’s been a difficult couple of weeks for everyone at the club so it’s given us a boost,” he added.

“I’ve had some real good discussions with the lads that are in the role at the minute, we all came out of it agreeing on the direction we want the club to go in.

“The players have taken some responsibility for what has happened over the past few weeks, it’s only two games but it has given us hope that we can get where we want to be, come the end of the year.”

View the full article

Archived