3-4 Jun: The Kingstone Press League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 games here

SATURDAY 3rd JUNE
Barrow Raiders v Hunslet KO 6.30pm
Toronto Wolfpack v Coventry Bears KO 9.30pm (UK time) (TV)

SUNDAY 4th JUNE
Gloucestershire All Golds v Newcastle Thunder KO 3pm
Hemel Stags v North Wales Crusaders KO 2pm
Keighley Cougars v South Wales Ironmen KO 3pm
Oxford v Whitehaven KO 2pm
Workington Town v Doncaster KO 3pm
York City Knights v London Skolars KO 3pm

Keighley is Sunday according to League Express. Has it definitely been changed to Saturday and can anybody tell me if there will definitely be a match programme? I work Friday night but if I am up in time this game appeals to me. Keighley is just over an hour drive but I've been there twice where there has been no programme available. If that's the case I will stay in bed and go watch a local amateur side. They all have match programmes.

Unfortunately i wont be travelling to Hemel Stags - we have a Wheelchair Rugby League fixture even further away at Medway Dragons (Gillingham)! Lets hope both Crusaders side come back with a win.

On 5/31/2017 at 2:39 PM, Angelic Cynic said:

Keighley Cougars host South Wales Ironmen on Saturday.

It is a triple-header.

Be there to witness the Ironmen win their first game of the campaign.

Family Day.

http://keighleycougars.com/

Hope you didn't put too much money on that

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

12 hours ago, tim2 said:

Hope you didn't put too much money on that

Nah.Don't have any money to spare and don't bet,anyway.

I took heart from the Under 17's display and victory.

Enjoyed the day.Always enjoy trips to Cougar Park.

First time I've travelled by train to visit the stadium.First time I've used the catering service behind the main stand.

Best game day experience I've enjoyed for a very long time.

I hope it is repeated at Merthyr Tydfil next week when they host Toronto.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Hemel v North Wales live.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

I've got video unavailable, which given that we could only just beat Hemel may not be a bad thing! Never mind, two points is two points, however you get them.

I think the guy concerned did a sneaky live match video and then deleted the evidence ;)

1 hour ago, weighman said:

Dons defy pundits to beat Workingtpn

Apart from away at Barrow Town have been in a winning position in every game we've lost this year and managed to throw it away in the last few minutes. Today was another example with Donny scoring in the last play of the game to win. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Thunder fan said:

That's the real thunder now hopefully continue to win games and get higher up the table, very competitive league, bring on Keighley next week.

It is going to be so close around that cut off. Newcastle, Workington, Keighley and Hunslet can't all squeeze into the 8. 

Archived