Diskin poll

Diskin stay or go?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Time for an updated opinion poll

15 hours ago, buford t justice said:

75% wanting him to go, probably higher if you exclude the Dewsbury voters.

id say thats a pretty accurate reflection of current supporter feeling overall.

So 30 supporters now represent 75% of Batley Bulldog fans, do they? Interesting analysis...
You have your result Buford, but what now?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

So 30 supporters now represent 75% of Batley Bulldog fans, do they? Interesting analysis...

I said i think this sample is an accurate reflection of supporter feeling overall.

Certainly from the feeling you get in and around the fan base at games id say this poll mirrors the strength of feeling on the subject.

Not that you'd know of course, unless theres an article about it you can copy and paste to your website.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

10 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

I said i think this sample is an accurate reflection of supporter feeling overall.

Certainly from the feeling you get in and around the fan base at games id say this poll mirrors the strength of feeling on the subject.

Not that you'd know of course, unless theres an article about it you can copy and paste to your website.

Ahhh, you've found something now, haven't you? lol
When we have no arguments left, we resort to insults....

Doesn't answer my question, though, which was "What Now?"

40 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

Ahhh, you've found something now, haven't you? lol
When we have no arguments left, we resort to insults....

Doesn't answer my question, though, which was "What Now?"

I never insulted anyone. Your website is all copied and pasted - unless me pointing this fact out offends you - but that says more about you than me if thats the case.

there is no 'what now' as if action was being taken none of the numerous fans would be up in arms like they are at present.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

14 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

unless me pointing this fact out offends you

the LOL in my last post may help you on that one Buford..

1 minute ago, buford t justice said:

If that makes you feel better than we'll go with that.

It does, let's let it lie now, shall we?

2 hours ago, Supertyke said:

maybe we should poll on the gate sunday then. you cant count the 7 dewsbury fans who have voted so its more than 30%. even JK had the "change things or we change things" at one point when were struggled,

we should have improved and strenghtened this season and made 4th not fell apart and end up 9th.

12 hours ago, silverback said:

maybe we should poll on the gate sunday then. you cant count the 7 dewsbury fans who have voted so its more than 30%. even JK had the "change things or we change things" at one point when were struggled,

we should have improved and strenghtened this season and made 4th not fell apart and end up 9th.

Very true but on his first season he got us to play off final 

19 hours ago, Supertyke said:

In what way do you find this analysis 'interesting'? (Or perhaps you were being deliberately and unnecessarily sarcastic?)

How do you interpret this data if you fundamentally disagree with Buford's analysis? I'd find that really interesting to hear. Lay it out clear and tell us where you think the other supporters stand on this and what evidence you base that upon.

2 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

In what way do you find this analysis 'interesting'? (Or perhaps you were being deliberately and unnecessarily sarcastic?)

How do you interpret this data if you fundamentally disagree with Buford's analysis? I'd find that really interesting to hear. Lay it out clear and tell us where you think the other supporters stand on this and what evidence you base that upon.

Deliberately? Yes. Unnecessarily? I don't think so....  The results of a poll with around only 40 voters can hardly be called representative. So the results (coming around to my analysis) mean nothing. Anyone trying to sell them as conclusive is just a master in propanganda.

Note by the way, that I'm not saying that Diskin should say, I'm also not saying he should go. As Buford never tires in pointing out when he doesn't like what I am saying, because I live abroard, I don't know what I am talking about anyway. So free speech doesn't extend to me, obviously... (To whom does it extrend btw? Where is the boarder?). What I am saying however, is that this is not the way to go about things - shouting and balling and having polls over someone's future on the forum.

And now it turns out that the people who are shouting the loudest, haven't even spoken to the club about it. How ironical... Loud-mouths, yes, but only on the safetly of this forum, hidden behind a pseudonym...

Tbf 31 out of say 500 regular supporters works out at about 6% of the fan base who want him to go as opposed to 1% who want him to stay. Now if we are honest then if you took the results of this poll to the BOD then you'd probably get laugh out of the meeting.

But if you extrapolate (as with saying it counts as 75% of supporters) then you get a very different result. If you take into account that our possible supporter base is 50, 000 (population of Batley) then we must assume (as per the poll) that 75% want md out which is  37500 people (including those spoken to by Buford). 

The remaining 25% obviously don't attend enough this season or have not supported for a long enough period of time to be knowledgable enough to agree with Buford.

For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

1 hour ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

Tbf 31 out of say 500 regular supporters works out at about 6% of the fan base who want him to go as opposed to 1% who want him to stay. Now if we are honest then if you took the results of this poll to the BOD then you'd probably get laugh out of the meeting.

But if you extrapolate (as with saying it counts as 75% of supporters) then you get a very different result. If you take into account that our possible supporter base is 50, 000 (population of Batley) then we must assume (as per the poll) that 75% want md out which is  37500 people (including those spoken to by Buford). 

The remaining 25% obviously don't attend enough this season or have not supported for a long enough period of time to be knowledgable enough to agree with Buford.

Its just a thought but out of the 500 you speak, how many actually use this forum, i bet 400 doesnt so that would make ur statistics totally farce, imo of course

21 minutes ago, billybulldog said:

Its just a thought but out of the 500 you speak, how many actually use this forum, i bet 400 doesnt so that would make ur statistics totally farce, imo of course

Make my statistics a total farce?????!!!!!! How dare you. I think you'll find that on the Buford scale they are entirely accurate, in fact verily accurate.

For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

2 hours ago, Supertyke said:

Deliberately? Yes. Unnecessarily? I don't think so....  The results of a poll with around only 40 voters can hardly be called representative. So the results (coming around to my analysis) mean nothing. Anyone trying to sell them as conclusive is just a master in propanganda.

Note by the way, that I'm not saying that Diskin should say, I'm also not saying he should go. As Buford never tires in pointing out when he doesn't like what I am saying, because I live abroard, I don't know what I am talking about anyway. So free speech doesn't extend to me, obviously... (To whom does it extrend btw? Where is the boarder?). What I am saying however, is that this is not the way to go about things - shouting and balling and having polls over someone's future on the forum.

And now it turns out that the people who are shouting the loudest, haven't even spoken to the club about it. How ironical... Loud-mouths, yes, but only on the safetly of this forum, hidden behind a pseudonym...

So what on earth are you saying?

Do you want the coach to stay or to go? Is he doing a great job with the club's currently improved resources?

shhh, keep quiet unless your sucking up to the directors?

Just read your poll,not getting involved, not very popular your coach. Whatever problems your having with him need to be addressed quickly as this could have a destabilizing effect on the club.There seems to be problems at a number of clubs including ours,not good for the game.

4 hours ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

Tbf 31 out of say 500 regular supporters works out at about 6% of the fan base

I am trying to remember how we did statistical; sampling 20 years ago to ensure a degree of confidence in the results !!

If you assume the fan base to be 500 then the sample you require is around 80 for the results to have any meaning . Even if 80 supporters responded ( barring the Dewsbury ones which you can easily identify ) the results would only be accurate to within 10% either way . Many folk would argue that 10% either way is sufficient in any event .

By using the Forum it could be suggested there is "observational bias" in the results because those contributing to this site are more likely to have strong opinions than those that do not contribute ! The only way to reduce "observational bias" is to poll supporters of all ages and both sexes face to face at a game !!

I am not trying to knock the current results because I am firmly in the "Diskin Out" camp and have voted accordingly but I do not want people to run away with the idea that the current poll has reached full statistical legitimacy . However , if you achieved such figures in a wider poll then it would be quite devastating .

Archived