Town V Doncaster predictions

town4me

4 minutes ago, Egbertnobacon said:

Frankly it was awful , and for the most part has been all season .  I could put up with gradual improvement however small week on week but not this . We were laughing at them down the road with their pre season results but they are on an upward curve and if the unlikely happens and they get promoted  which is far more of a possibility than it was a few months ago , our best may well bail. Everyone can see we need bulk up front to compete .   Depressed .....too right i am .

Who would they take from us to play championship rugby? 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Satire???? That's the funniest thing you've ever posted............

Don't give up on the lads or the coach just yet Sandy, we have been in much bigger holes than this.

I know you Visigoths sacked the Holy Roman Empire but that was a long time ago. I have kept the faith for a very long time now ( I won't say how long in case it attracts more ageist angst) so I believe I have earned my right to express my opinion even if it occasionally causes make-up issues amongst our more sensitive followers..

On a serious note bearing in mind youse havent beat an established team this season and have still gotta go to crusaders york and home to toronto and keighley in last 6 matches do youse think you'll make the top 8 cut off. London and coventry will be banker wins though 

Didn’t post last night as probably would have joined the lynch mob but on reflection I’m with Voodooguru and Ginnock I didn’t see any lack of effort and in the second half we looked the far better side BUT for the errors which come from a team not firing on all cylinders, as yet lacking the confidence or is it patience to push home their superiority. Donny were a tight unit who managed to capitalise on our errors and callowness. No problem taking Mewse off its just clear the part of his game he needs to work on; I doubt very much he’s now psychologically traumatised as some suggest.

If we were clearly out of our depth I would be truly miserable but we’re not and I’m still hopeful, just reining in my expectations a bit for now.

11 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

So nobody that's had a mare has been subbed before by a "good coach"? What would I know eh BIG MAC as I've never played the game before obviously. At the end of the day it's a judgement call. Nobody can say for definite if it was the right call or not. If he'd been left on he might have dropped another 5, then again he might have won the game for us.

Sorry The Voodooguru,  yes people have been subbed before but usually not so quickly after a mistake been made,  but the lad will put on a brave face but at the back of his mind it will be eating away at the kid, the youngsters must have the backing of the coach especially when he picked the player to start the game,  and as you say Nobody can say for definite if it was the right call or not, the lad should have been giving more time, in my view wrong call.

What frustrates everybody fans, players,coaches ,directors, etc. is that we totally and utterly dominated the game . They never made one clean break . If you edited out all the scoring and showed the tape to anyone and asked who he thought would have won the game , he or she would say Town by 40 .The real danger now is not making the top 8 . The match against North Wales will be a must win . With a few players back we might do it , but don t hold your breath . Their match with Barrow is on you tube and they play open rugby and scored some excellent tries , it willl be a toughie .

Thanks The Voodooguru for your comments.

i haven't seen Town play since the first home last season (Sheffield) due to my illness so I don't think I should be commenting on the team or any individual player.  However I do listen to commentaries on Radio Cumbria every Sunday and I get the impression from there that our defence is not what it should be.  In a close tight game I always feel that the other team will score by hook or by crook and beat us.   Either that or we have given ourselves too much ground to make up to get a win.

i might be miles off but the first thing I would have my players doing would be their defence and tackling.   If we still were to lose games then it would seem we don't have the right personnel in positions.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Hi Keith, I wouldn't say it's poor defence as has been said Donny didn't make a single break. We gave away the usual soft try by the posts and the last one was weak admittedly but generally it's not the major concern, not dealing with kicks was plus every form of mistake and penalty you could imagine is.

Something hasn't clicked and I'm beginning to give up hope of it happening, we're doing enough to win two matches but it's like we've got a winning betting slip and giving it away.

Just read Clark's comments and honestly he should be finding a constituency to stand in with all that guff . We did everything we could to win the game ? We did everything we could to lose it Dave . All this fluff ain't gonna cut it 

33 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Just read Clark's comments and honestly he should be finding a constituency to stand in with all that guff . We did everything we could to win the game ? We did everything we could to lose it Dave . All this fluff ain't gonna cut it 

Well i suppose no coach will publicly slate their team and i am sure none of us wanted that.  However i find his words strange. I would just like to have heard him say something along the lines of you can't gift a team in 4th place 18pts and expect to win and its something we need to work on etc. 

6 minutes ago, town4me said:

Well i suppose no coach will publicly slate their team and i am sure none of us wanted that.  However i find his words strange. I would just like to have heard him say something along the lines of you can't gift a team in 4th place 18pts and expect to win and its something we need to work on etc. 

Yeah but that's a dig at Kieran and we've just said that he needs to put it behind him.

3 minutes ago, Egbertnobacon said:

Callum for starters , cracking player when his minds on it 

callum , brett (on form ) stevie , tee , jamie and phil j would all walk straight into havens current with a starting role .

wont happen tho as haven will be seriously skint at the seasons end .

He stressed our effort but that's not really the issue . Our basic skills are very very patchy and these are things that are costing us and should be nailed at the very least . No one expects much beyond this , and most other teams we see seem not nearly as profligate . Catching , passing ( awful ) , kicking , line defence etc are to often really poor and teams who are really nothing out of ordinary just hang in and feed off what we inevitably hand them over and over . Clark must be seeing something different if he's encouraged  as I feel I'm watching the same game over and over again 

45 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Yeah but that's a dig at Kieran and we've just said that he needs to put it behind him.

I see you point but errors in genral  in key areas weren't good enough is what i meant. They weren't  all down to KM. He said along the lines of he couldn't  have asked for more from the team. I beg to differ.

We did not lose the match we Gave the match away. we turned down a possible 10 points from kicks which i know Forber would have back heeled over as he is one of the best if not the best kicker in this division. Who makes these decisions on field and off field. the players played well just a few silly mistakes but we lost because we did not take the points on offer.

12 minutes ago, vic said:

We did not lose the match we Gave the match away. we turned down a possible 10 points from kicks which i know Forber would have back heeled over as he is one of the best if not the best kicker in this division. Who makes these decisions on field and off field. the players played well just a few silly mistakes but we lost because we did not take the points on offer.

agree up to a point but we have to be honest and not all kicks are successful whoever you are and how good you are , donny kicked 5/5 town 3/5 which also made the difference at  26 - 30

10 minutes ago, vic said:

them kicks were from out wide  the ones we turned down were in front of the posts

yes but we may not of gotten 2 trys if we had taken every kick for 2 option ? its not guaranteed you will score off a re start so its all a bit hypothetical , some times it works not taking the 2 pt option and going over from the resulting set .

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

callum , brett (on form ) stevie , tee , jamie and phil j would all walk straight into havens current with a starting role .

wont happen tho as haven will be seriously skint at the seasons end .

Although I see where you're coming from non of those lads are tearing it up for a bottom half Champ 1 team never mind the Championship.

6 hours ago, donald said:

On a serious note bearing in mind youse havent beat an established team this season and have still gotta go to crusaders york and home to toronto and keighley in last 6 matches do youse think you'll make the top 8 cut off. London and coventry will be banker wins though 

I think we'll struggle to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Although I see where you're coming from non of those lads are tearing it up for a bottom half Champ 1 team never mind the Championship.

maybe its a case of only being able to play with who is around you ? maybe when the other new lads  get up to speed and are more developed then things start happening .

Archived