v Hunslet

SJD

Well thats the worst we have played this season.....did we actually complete many sets without knocking on, forward/wayward passes, etc...at least it's 2 pts in the bag but improvement needed. If we play like that at Donny we will lose!!

Flanagan is a very good player but has always been a hothead + constantly mouthing off at referee's. If he stuck to playing rugby he would be in a division higher!!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Dallimore made it his mission to wind Flanagan up all match and he succeeded.

I thought the ref was one of the more disappointing ones and he decided early doors that Barrow were the transgressors - no doubt aided by the running commentary from some of the Hunslet players. But Barrow should have cottoned on to that and kept squeaky clean rather than give away the same old amateur (at times childish) penalties. More than once we lacked leadership at the last tackle with some stinking options taken in their 20. We need the key players to be switched on, with their brains in gear, for 80 minutes. 

It was a win but that is about all that can be said about it. On a good day we would have put 40-50 points into a team like that. It should have been one of the more absorbing games so far but what was served up will not have spectators flocking back for more.

Red Square you always knock the coach and team!!! Your glass is half empty all the time !!  We won the second half 16 / 2 , scored some great trys ...  yes we dropped the ball a few times and threw an intercepted pass but this team never stops trying their best.  They are a credit to rugby league. Some of them were playing amateur rugby last year! Myself and my group on the popular side have enjoyed the rise of this team and the expansive rugby they play.  Just remember where we have come from over these last two seasons?! Hunslet were a championship side as well two seasons ago so we have no right to win by fifty every week !! I hope the team don't read your negative posts cos they might stop giving their all if they feel the hard work they put in is not appreciated !! You only have to look at north wales result v hemel. Which showed its hard to back up after a final!! So instead of half empty Red Square ... start thinking half full !! Get behind the team!! They are second in the league and have only lost one league game!! How about some positive posts ?! You know like "up the raiders" "keep it going lads" 

Raiders lads you are doing my group on the Popular Side proud!!  You won't get the perfect ten every week but we get 110per cent effort!! can't ask for anymore !!
UP THE RAIDERS  

The team have shown what they can do and set the bench mark, they need to reach it more often.

All the players were amateurs once, some learn quicker than others. I have never knocked their effort and if you look back I often praise the team but I want us to go upwards and improve as I am sure the coach does. 

Scenario - 5th tackle 10 metres from the opposition try line ( game too close to call), a break in play. A perfect chance to set up a play , what happens? the ball is passed back to a centre on the blind side who is stood still not expecting it and he is clattered to the floor. I don't find that satisfactory and I am sure the coaching staff ( and indeed players) feel the same.

This is a forum to comment on the game. I give my view and offer criticism where I feel appropriate. It is not a cheer leading site.  I do not believe that 100% effort ( 110%!! is impossible ) on its own is enough, I am sure Hunslet, as well other teams we have beaten, gave their all as well.  It is not a commodity peculiar to the Raiders.  We just need to be smarter at times and make a  bit more effort with the top few inches of the head. That is what makes the 100% physical effort pay dividends.

I criticise the silly penalties, Cresta probably doesn't anymore because he is fed up of telling them - see his post match comments on many occasions over the past couple of years (or was he just being negative).

I want the best for the team and for the club. I turn up every week and have done so for many, many years and have been through  many bad times as well as the good.

I'll keep turning up and as I pay to watch I'll always reserve the right to criticise when I feel they have fallen below par. I feel it is constructive criticism. Others do that by not coming anymore.

I admire your devotion to the Raiders' cause, I am just as devoted, I just don't like seeing the team underperform when I know they can be so much better.

Archived