Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Nicholas

Corner turned

Recommended Posts

I hope today can be our turning point.

We now need to just move on.

I see a couple of critics who came to the game have posted very positive. Thankyou.

At the end of the game leaving the pitch  Matt got positive comments as did players. Thankyou.

Look there are no major problems and everybody at the Club is trying to improve. Just lets all go forward together and we will get there.

Well done to Rams today.

Thankyou today for your support. I know we have had difficult times but please try to be positive and we will improve.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I congratulated disco "this is better" on his way to dug out on 78 mins.

Not a glimpse of acknowledging me. At least I didn't get an expletive for perceived sarcasm!

I and my family got value for money and it wasn't a miserable Sunday evening. My cat thanks you for it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps a little early yet to say, but it was pleasing to see the team play with spirit and fight against a good team! You could sense they were up for it from the off and the supporters responded to that! Fine margins, particularly two specific refereeing decisions, meant that we were unable to get anything out of it but we were close, and maybe next time we can achieve that consistency from game to game that we have lacked so far!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

I hope today can be our turning point.

We now need to just move on.

I see a couple of critics who came to the game have posted very positive. Thankyou.

At the end of the game leaving the pitch  Matt got positive comments as did players. Thankyou.

Look there are no major problems and everybody at the Club is trying to improve. Just lets all go forward together and we will get there.

Well done to Rams today.

Thankyou today for your support. I know we have had difficult times but please try to be positive and we will improve.

i didnt go to the game so cant really commemt on the performance, but nice to hear the side played well, albeit we still lost and according to some who attended Toulouse were somewhat out of sorts, so definitely a bit premature to say weve turned the corner, but its a start.

The next 3 games are huge against teams around us in the table so lets hope its given the team some belief - 3 more defeats in those games though and we've missed the turning for the corner and driven straight into someones wall.

Heres hoping for better days ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

i didnt go to the game so cant really commemt on the performance, but nice to hear the side played well, albeit we still lost and according to some who attended Toulouse were somewhat out of sorts, so definitely a bit premature to say weve turned the corner, but its a start.

The next 3 games are huge against teams around us in the table so lets hope its given the team some belief - 3 more defeats in those games though and we've missed the turning for the corner and driven straight into someones wall.

Heres hoping for better days ahead.

It is hard to say this with any certainty as their performance was affected by ours and vice versa. They definitely looked fluent when throwing the ball about and had plenty of pace, shown by their two tries straight after  the half time break.

Comments about the next three games l agree with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, distantdog said:

It is hard to say this with any certainty as their performance was affected by ours and vice versa. They definitely looked fluent when throwing the ball about and had plenty of pace, shown by their two tries straight after  the half time break.

Comments about the next three games l agree with!

Like i say can only go on what I was told, if they played like they did at the summer bash then its a good effort from our boys.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure Kevin had an "ellis" come home sticker on his back. There's some jokers up there.

Toulouse were good value for the win. Big strong and fast. Our defence resembled last year. A bit more luck or consistency from the 2 refs the points would be in our piggy bank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, distantdog said:

It is hard to say this with any certainty as their performance was affected by ours and vice versa. They definitely looked fluent when throwing the ball about and had plenty of pace, shown by their two tries straight after  the half time break.

Comments about the next three games l agree with!

The quotes that a particularly team had a bad day always gets my goat too. The opposition play as good as you let them. Hull KR played poorly at Fev according to Sheens. Nothing to do with Fev playing better. Batley will have upped their performance just as Fev did following defeats at Blackpool. Hope Batley turn the corner with only one more defeat this season anyway?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

I'm sure Kevin had an "ellis" come home sticker on his back. There's some jokers up there.

And your point is? I think you are confusing me with someone who gives a sh*t.

Everyone has an opinion, we'll never all agree, at least ive stuck to my guns in my view on our current plight - some folk have however certainly shown me  they have more faces than the town hall clock during recent weeks.

ive only ever wanted the team and club to kick on from last year but its not happened. Heres hoping we do start to improve.

 

Edited by buford t justice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it wasn't that Toulouse was out of sorts hence there 2 long range well worked tries beginning of 2nd half , it was a case we werent allowing them to play , we were getting up in the faces and knew the danger men were full back ,scrum half and number 12 and were shutting down the space on them when ever they got the ball. Its the first game this season that haven't seen the players bitching at each other, you could see they were playing for each other and there was spirit there... Game changed when Ref no 2 gave them a penalty on their own line when after a kick from Brambani chased up superbly by Reittie and he tackled the full back just short of the line, the toulouse player then stepped about 3 metres from the mark and they get a penalty for it, then get 3 more in quick succession on our line for offside each time when neither side had been penalised for it all game and they score a try game over...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

it wasn't that Toulouse was out of sorts hence there 2 long range well worked tries beginning of 2nd half , it was a case we werent allowing them to play , we were getting up in the faces and knew the danger men were full back ,scrum half and number 12 and were shutting down the space on them when ever they got the ball. Its the first game this season that haven't seen the players bitching at each other, you could see they were playing for each other and there was spirit there... Game changed when Ref no 2 gave them a penalty on their own line when after a kick from Brambani chased up superbly by Reittie and he tackled the full back just short of the line, the toulouse player then stepped about 3 metres from the mark and they get a penalty for it, then get 3 more in quick succession on our line for offside each time when neither side had been penalised for it all game and they score a try game over...

Maybe that could be due to 16 of the players were last seasons squad , plus dane , and all playing in there correct positions

Will Maher wasn't in cas 17 yesterday so should still be available for us if needed , but personally I would stick with the same 17

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regretably Will Maher injured with sternum i believe.

Dom will serve a 1 match ban this week for sin bin at Bash. Hopefully Patch will be fit enough to play this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it were like turning clock back 6 months, simple stuff that almoat paid off, keep it sommat like and we will be fine, players deserve plenty a praise from yesterday and i really do feel if it wernt for ref swop we had it won.

 am not getting too exited for now as its really hurt us all the last few weeks when we know whats possible from the fellas we have on the pitch,,top 6??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF you guys turned the clock back 6 months yesterday, we (Rams) turned it back over FIVE years............. Let's hope, for both Clubs, that yesterday WAS a turning point and we end up renewing rivalries in next year's Championship.......... and for years to come............   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

IF you guys turned the clock back 6 months yesterday, we (Rams) turned it back over FIVE years............. Let's hope, for both Clubs, that yesterday WAS a turning point and we end up renewing rivalries in next year's Championship.......... and for years to come............   

There have been times this season when we have been outstanding going forward! However, yesterday was the first time we have really shown some fight in adversity and against a really decent team. Unfortunately, we really haven't put two decent games together all season, so personally I am not holding my breath but living in hope for another decent performance next week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

Regretably Will Maher injured with sternum i believe.

Dom will serve a 1 match ban this week for sin bin at Bash. Hopefully Patch will be fit enough to play this week.

I thought Dom got found not guilty on both charges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there Batley Bob, if you look on the RFL Disciplinary you will or would have seen Dom was up on 3 accounts, so he must have been cleared on two and a suspension on one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well said Mr Chairman I'm sure we have turned the corner. Great display by the lads well done to the coaches must have been difficult to get the game plans sorted out with all the criticism they have taken in the past week. Onwards and upwards once again thank you Mr Chairman for giving the fans the opportunity to speak to you .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the first two which he was cleared of was for the sin bin and red card in oldham game, blackpool bash sin bin hearing is this week as championship ones are not heard in same week like SL ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, when you turn a corner there are always two possible ways to go.

(Heavy Woollen Zen Budhism.)

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Rugby League World - Dec 2017

Rugby League Books On Sale Here

League Express - Every Monday