FREE Admission v Eagles

Kevin Nicholas

Our next home game v Sheffield Eagles on 18/6 ko 3pm is free entrance to everybody.

It is one year since the tragic death of Jo Cox on the Friday. We are working with her family and The Great Get Together and # More in Common to mark this sad occasion by helping to encourage everybody to come together as one Community especially with other terrible events that have followed since last year.

Jo's family want this to be a joyous event under this banner and family activities also free will start from 1pm onwards as well as Gods of Fortune a local band performing behind GT Stand.

It is FREE as we want as many as possible there so if you can get the message out to make this a success for us and the Community.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Beaumont I mean Nicholas!

May even entice 6o eagles fans rather than the usual 3o!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

9 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

Hope you will however be suggesting that all who attend make a donation to a charity linked to Jo Cox

The Foundation isn't actively encouraging donations at the moment (though of course people.can donate).

Great idea, although not one for bursting a bubble but for those who are already paid season ticket holders and have paid for this game, do the get a couple of drink tokens or something with there season ticket slip??

There is a rumour going around that although it will be free to get in it will cost £10 to get out - double that before full time.

IMO, of course.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, stevieb said:

Great idea, although not one for bursting a bubble but for those who are already paid season ticket holders and have paid for this game, do the get a couple of drink tokens or something with there season ticket slip??

That's a very valid question, Stevie.  

On 2017-6-10 at 3:47 PM, stevieb said:

Always going to be a problem when the savings on a season ticket are so insignificant. It's fine gesture and everyone should get behind it, irrespective of whether they have already paid for the game or not.

I am Northern Eel and I'm a season ticket holder and boycotted last weeks match, made my point and returning to the fold.

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

I am Northern Eel and I'm a season ticket holder and boycotted last weeks match, made my point and returning to the fold.

Cannot think that a 2 people boycott made much of a ripple at the mount (you and Beuf) perhaps you would of been better going to the match and discussing the situation with Kevin as a number of disgruntled supporters did,

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Blind side johnny said:

There is a rumour going around that although it will be free to get in it will cost £10 to get out - double that before full time.

IMO, of course.

The old ones are the best, I'm told.

It's still a cheaper option for you than going to Hull next week.

I'll save you a seat, shall I?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Archived